Tuesday, July 11, 2006

yes We Are!

Home that is!
we had a very wonderful time.
Drove thousands of miles.
With the help of a good friend we did get to 'do' some stuff.
WE visited Fort Steele and Charley got to go on her first real Train ride! On a big steam engine train! she went to the old school house where they have one room and chalk boards. On the wall as well as the desks.
She thought that was cool. Not nearly as cool as the old teacher we found inside with her flowing skirts and her perfect english.
I'm of course kicking myself right about now that I didn't take a pic of them together.
Damn!
We went to the Hot Springs in the Kootenays and this time Charley went in the caves!
WE drove thru the Rocky mountains.
That was awesome!
I haven't seen them myself since i was a little girl. It was wonderful to be able to share them with my little girl. It was sad to see that the pine beatle has been busy up there in the national parks.
Hey! did you know you have to pay to get into the National Parks!!! That was an unpleasant experience. Of course then when we drove thru the canyon.......rock all around us and the awesome beauty that is the Rockies......i didn't feel so bad giving up my money to drive thru there.
We saw a young Moose just galloping along the side of the highway.
We stopped at a river for a break in the drive and Charley went swimming in her clothes. She thought that was pretty cool. I kept telling her.......we are camping, just go for it!
WE didn't get to visit Freewrite.
i called him. But the times that he was home and the times I was passing thru his town just didn't work. I was on my way to my Aunts. Its 2 towns over. It was all just screwy. Me without a plan. After I got to my Aunts I figured it out. How it could have worked, but by that time it was too late.
sorry Sweetie!
Okay.....
now I'm pissed!
I'm trying to load up pics but its not working.
GRRRRRR!
I'll have to update my photoblog with them I guess.

Charley goes to camp today. Her first time! I have a lump in my throat. She is growing up so fast. She is gone till Friday.

WEll I better go for now Blogger Dudes!

BLOG ON!!!!
~especially you Jo~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Maybe that could be your calling!!!
So camp for a week... is it close by? Good for her, enjoy your time. I guess that time will be put to use getting yourself established with a new job?!
Anyway, good luck.
ttyl

Kristi said...

ahhh yes!
pavement pounding and Mr. B. Chatting to happen tomorrow!

Yes camp. Good solid Mennonite Camp!

Did you know the City is on Strike!
so much for my connections with them. Frig!

jewels said...

good luck with the job search tomorrow.... i will keep my fingers & toes crossed!

Trishdish said...

Good on you for going for it. Bet it felt good to let a load off. Good for you & your girl to have some fun in life. Cool.
Speaking of letting a load off - thats what I was doing on mine.
Felt real good. LOL

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the job hunting Kristi. Glad you had a ball on yr holiday.

Anonymous said...

Kristi, SOunds like you had a wonderful time and saw some great sites along the way!!! I hope you are relaxed and rested and somewhat stress free now!!!

Hugs to you!! B

joanne said...

That sounds like something everyone should do. Thousands of miles?? You should have drove down to see me! Jus kiddin

Kristi said...

yah i can't cross the border anymore.......no medical.
not that i did much over the last year anyway.
but 5 times in one year is waaaay more than the once every 3 years!