Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cut It OUt Dude!!

I am a fairly independent woman.
For some people thats a hard thing to deal with.
Tall dude and I talked a little about it last night.
He has been playing games with me.
Power Struggle games.
A game that I won just this past weekend.
After chatting with Steph yesterday morning I figured a partial on why he feels the need.
Its only a bit of it, but I got it and we talked about it last night.
He needs the reassurance each day that I am here for him.
Everyone needs that. Lord knows I need it!
I guess I put out an "aloof" vibe. I am not falling all over myself to be with him.
But he will do things to get a rise out of me. See how far he can push to get that emotional burst he seems to need. Only he needs the I Love You's and he's confusing it and mucking it up by just trying to get anything. Even if its me being pissed off or annoyed!
Like a child he is going for attention. Even if its negative its attention and he Craves it!
This last weekend. He was playing and of course I called his bluff and the Lioness and I went about our business anyway.
Totally killed me to do it, but he doens't know that.
He also didn't know till last night why he does that.
So hopefully we solved a bit of it.
WE talked as much as we could.
Both of us being so tired.
Our time togehter is so screwy.
We had spent the night togehter the evening before. He not getting to my house till I was of work at 11:30pm.
Poor Tall Dude....he has to be up for 5:30AM for work!!!
so after he listened to me talk and winde down from my night at work it was 1AM.
No; it was not even a booty call. We haven't done that since last week cause we've jsut both been so tired!
Its jsut to have time togheter.
We've slipped easily into the routine of him coming over after Charlotte is in bed. So really by that time we only have an hour before our brains are shutting off!
His only day off is Sunday. A day that he spends with his kids.
So why? I said to him last night.....Why have the struggle with me? Be patient. I will give you what you need. We really don't have the time in our relationship for the foolish games jsut to make sure we care for one another.
But we do and can make time to talk about how we feel. So lets do that instead.

3 comments:

jewels said...

Ahhhh new love...

it's so new - getting to know one another - getting to know how each of you works - the games - the "firsts."

Enjoy it!

Gary said...

At least you know that he's serious. I hope this one goes well for you.

Kristi said...

WEll yes i suppose its all true.