Saturday, November 11, 2006

Closed?

My new boss Mitch, is tossing around being closed on Monday because all the rest of the business' downtown will be closed. Its the holiday.
Our lunch crowd is business people.
I suggested closing for lunch (sucks to be me) and open for dinner like he did today.
i miss a shift and that bites. But............
if its quiet..........

Opinions??
Thoughts?

We discussed the random closing and how bad that is for business.......
Although this is not totally "random" as it is a stat.....
so it does make sense

What do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your town a tourist area at all? Sometimes on a stat holiday lunchtime can be busier than a business day ... if it's touristy. Or a walk around town/city. Otherwise I say close as the evening will be when all the stayed at homes want to come out and play after being bored all day.

steph said...

Stay open. New business can't afford to close. Cut if you have too.

Kristi said...

nobody is open in town. So thats why he's considering it.
There is no one to cut.
He's gonna be open at 4 for dinner.

I don't know its a tough call.

M was always dead, dead, dead for lunch when there was a stat.
so dead in fact I stopped working them cause going thru the trouble of getting a sitter was not worth the hour i was there

i don't know.
i just don't know what to tell him

Chris said...

How bad do you need the money? How bad do you need the time off?

jewels said...

I say stay open...

People - like me - shop on the stat or go out and about - that means lunch out. If everyone is closed - where do we eat?

Kristi said...

yes.
these is true. I thought of stat shoppers.
I think you are right ladies. In my gut I know we should. Even if I stand there for the day with my finger in my bum.
I have to decorate for christmas anyhow

Anonymous said...

Stat are a strange day. Jewel is right...people are wandering around, and will eventually eat. You won't be busy or anything, but you will see people.

Even if its just one person, its a good idea. You also can get alot of stuff done if you aren't that busy.

Dan said...

Flip a coin! And then if it's a bad decision, blame the coin! ;)