Thursday, November 09, 2006

Tuesday & Beyond

WEll my birthday came and went.
I was alone on the floor that day. Wouldn;t you knwo it, we were busy as Hell! Mitch came out of the kitchen to lend a hand.
A 500 dollar shift it was!
Hokey Dina!
I was runnin.
I was just getting to the tending of the mass mess of a tornado that had blown thru my restuarant when all of a sudden there was a familiar voice........."Mommy!"
Oh nice. The girl brought her in after school.
Nope. It was only 2PM. Kid was with Gramma.
What's wrong?
Sick.
Kid was sick. Fever and all around yucky.
Carp!!
The school called my cell and my house. Why the Fuck didn't they call my work? Yah. I am still wondering. They have the Number!!!
She'd been lying down in the office since 10:30!
so off she went home to wait for Kaila and gramma sat with her. I tryed getting the next girl in early so I could go be with my girl.
Poor little thing.
Muck came shortly after taht.
Buffied me out Baby! Can;'t wait to get started on that one.
So Here I sat birthday night.
Mountain came over after kid was in bed and we snuggled up together on the couch and watched T.V. Me barely able to keep my eyes open. He was gone by 10:30 and I crawled into my oh so comfy bed. Pulling the blankets up as far around my chin as they would go.
While Mountain was here I made a call to my old boss. As I was supposed to be catering the next night and had yet to hear from him.
It was 9:30 at night.
NOw; not only didn't he remember that he'd booked me weeks ago for this gig. He totally ignored the fact that it was my birthday!
He's known me for how long?
Then he has the nerve to say he needs 6 shirts and vests for the Next day!!
What!
Its 9:30! The night before! He wants them there in the AM!
FUCK ME!!!
He had been for dinner Monday night with one of the guys. I was so excited to have him go. I was waiting anxiously to hear what he thought. We've been working so hard at getting everything working. There's still tons to do, but being open is the biggest thing.
I asked himwhat he had. He tells me. Says it was okay.
then he says the biggest mistake he ever made in his restaurant career was when he had his menu photo copied.
HOLY FUCK!!!
you know. Yah. I would have to say that was a pretty fucked up thing for an established restaurant to do. ESTABLISHED!!!! Been there for years! We just opened and nothing is finaol yet!!!
Besides the part where they are at the printers being worked on as we speak!!!!
How much more can you insult me?
Oh he found a way.
The place has no atmosphere.
What?
Well yah know. We don't have art work and there are no window coverings. HOwever......Mitch has been 24/7 on site since we opened. With the recent kitchen events from the past weeks he really can't leave. The art work will come.
Its his vision. Not mine. And I would be seriously over stepping my boundaries if I went out and did it.
We have tealites on the tables and dim the lights for the evening. Its actaully quite cozy.
Especially with the big comfy leather chairs by the bar!
Of course there are still things to do but.......it will come in time.
As far as the windows...........kiss my ass! Its awesome to watch the world go by. Guests come in Specifically to sit in those windows!!
Its see and be seen.
Thats not going to change anytime soon. Frig we've only been open 3 and a 1/2 weeks!!
but whatever. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess I was just disapointed by his. I reacted with my back up cause this is kinda my baby too.

so thats it then.
Money or no money....I won't be catering anytime soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like he was nit-pickin' jealous of the whole deal.
Hope your little girl is better now?

Anonymous said...

I find my kids always puke on special occasion
Christmas , Birthdays, Thanksgiving Halloween
always when a house full of people are expected ove and the itinerary is full
Adam puked pretty much all of Halloween
and about your previous boss
it was to be expected
his own place is failing because he left it and didnt care for so long and he cant be happy about others
I know you were disappointed but In my opinion dont sweat it he can be so imature
I can hardly wait to get there and maybe too much atmosphere is HIS problem
glad you are excited

jewels said...

FINALLY! Finally you see that he is an ASS. Why do we care so much? Why does everyone care what he thinks? Do you need his confirmation? Really?
He has become bitter and jaded. Everyone has tried to help him. We all had plans for that place - we all had ideas and dreams -
He destroyed them all and took a piece of us (all of us) with him.
MOVE ON!

shari said...

Awee sweetie... I am sorry he was an azz to you. I think he still just can't deal with you being gone.

And as for atmoshphere... I like it there. It reminded me of some cool restaurants I have been to in Yaletown. And none of them had window treatments, cuz its ALL about being seen there.

how is the C?

Kristi said...

Oh I know he is an Ass.
i've said that for years.
Just expected more from him.
At least say ONE positive thing. Just one!
See it for a business that is just starting. 3 weeks in!
he is an immature, nitpicky man that took a piece of us all. That part is true.

i can't wait till all you girls come down!!

Since I will now have weekends off. we could make a dinner plan. I can get 4 of you in with me on a 25% discount on your food!!!
Maybe after Christmas or something.

Chris said...

At least you are getting rich.