Thursday, March 15, 2007

Getting Married

It's a huge step in a persons life.
One, most of us don't think too in depth about.

Well, i for one, have always given it a great deal of thought. Mostly cause I guess I've had enough time to. I've watched so many, many people do it. Young and old. Watched and lived over the last 18 years, how people evolve and change. Frig. I've studied habits, manorisms and characteristics of people over the last 20 at least!
So how many people, in this day and age, think far enough ahead, to....this is the person I want, or Hope, will be wiping my ass after my first stroke?
Graphic?
I hope so. Cause that is the reality of it.
Till death do us part>
was taht in your vows? It sure as heck is gonna be in mine.
Also the vow...wipe my chin and my ass unless we have enough money in pension or disability to hire a nurse!
Really its a question to ask yourseslf before you marry. do I love this person enough too?????
For better or worse>
How bout that one?
Worse can be pretty bad. Midlife, mis-understood, easyily denied, how the Heck did that happen crisis. Evolution of relationships. IT HAPPENS!!!! Frig.
My parents are highschool sweethearts.
they also have seperate bedrooms and are the best of friends. My dad is an asshole and my mom buries her head in the sand. they get along okay and it all works. 41 yrs. You find the path that works for you cause this is the person that is gonna wipe your ass when you need your dignity, and TRULY loves you for real to do it.

This brings me on to weddings.
Now I am not as bitter as I used to be.
Nope. Not sure why. Must be the Pinks.
I think we are born with the dream.
Although, i don't see it in my own daughter. She doenst' play bride. I'm sure by her age I was. with Barbie's.........
hmmmm.
Maybe its a new age thing. Or maybe its cause its not been a thing for her mommy.
Charlotte is being brought up to just be herself. Not an add on. So her brain patterns are diferent.
hmmmm.
anyhow>
I hve an issue with Weddings.
Why are we having and spending so much money on them???
Are you getting married to have the party?
I know I'd be having a HUGE party if i got married. right in my parents front and backyard to be exact!..... BYOB i would only provide food. how's that?
I my parents front yard yard and mid floor of their home. Fair i think.
Most likely i'd be in a colour of dress you'd never forget. Of course reciting my vows earlier with a JP

Not htat I don't think they are wondrful, a lot of fun and beautiful. I have an issue with the whys and reasons.
My mother said something to me a long time ago.
the bigger and fancier the wedding the quicker and bigger the divorce.
Now my mother is not the one to speak wisdom in our family. Its usually my dad.
however.......

I'm sure its probably my personal feelings mixed in with what i learned in church.
you get married by a man of the church....whatthe Fffff were you doing living together! I guess thats good. A 10 thousand dollar wedding should cover it. I mean, you gotta have the dress and you definantly gotta have the pictures.
Oh...you have a baby on the way. oh Prdon. you getting married in in front of God..
oh I Am sorry. Yes of course this is enough money to plan the wedding. But maybe an off-white gown would be better. you can hide the gained baby fat better.
So we all have pre-marital sex.
I know 2 people at this moment that are not under that umbrella.

So the bride is wearing white. Isn't it nice that she is a virgin.
what do you mean the flower girl is her daughter?

so we all have a Dream.
Okay...i even have a dream. but when does the dream begin to insult.
I am speaking as an insult to what is referred to as the Bible

Maybe a lot of you don't know this.
but I started going to a devote mennonite church when I was 10.
I learned a lot.
No I don't agee with it all.
Not that I would ever be able to spit up verses or tell you exactly where or anything...just know I;ve read it is all.
During my teen and young adult years I explored.
Yes i have Read the Bible. Not the whole thing. but Much of it. I have formed my own opinions.
I have looked into sikhs, buddhism, mormans, Catholism, Jehovahs, Wicca

Now the thing is..we al believe.
We all belive in the higher power.
God.
Yet we still all live how we want.
Pregnancis out of wedlock....DAMNED
Divorce.....DAMNED
It went even as far as to say women showing skin....Damned!

But Yet we all belive there is something greater than our exhistance. why?
Our exhistance is pretty great!!

Look
I started out with the pretense that these Fucking weddings are pissng me off. I got so political and religious.
i hardly tipped the iceberg on what i realy feel about that shit!

However weddings....
they are a fun thing. when they are not tied into a religous blah, blah,blah and are just about the union to take place....i am there with String in a Can Baby!!!

As I would of cousre espect your to be.

its Not a Prty without String in a Can and Jello Shooter's!!! Right Muck!???!

blog On!




6 comments:

shari said...

you been drinkin'? lol

Anonymous said...

Good questions.

~me~

Anonymous said...

Well, I think weddings are over-rated myself. But I do believe if you are gonna do it, then you better be damn sure you are going to stick at it and hang in there. Constant compromise to make a marriage work ain't easy.
I don't beleive that God is a "damning" God. We live under grace and thats what we are supposed to acknowledge and respect. (just my h.o.)

steph said...

what the hell? try and find a different colored wedding dress, not easy!

Kristi said...

a wedding dress is what you make it.
its merely the dress you get married in. for everybody its differnt

Chris said...

Amazing stream of conscious posting. You hit upon just about everything here. Quite impressive.

My wife and I eloped. I wore my slippers when the justice of the peace married us. After that we went to visit friends. It is what you make it.