Monday, July 09, 2007

Berry Fest Vent?

Well I am not nearly as worked up now as I was on the weekend.

I vented all over Mountain. So WE'll see.

It was rather ridiculous. And I just don't even know what to do except keep my mouth shut and do my job.

So I turned up Friday morning. Our tent looked fine enough. It wasn't as new or fancy as the others....but whatever. It was up and it was shade.
My Harryman was already there sipping on a coffee patiently waiting. Since I hadn't been given any plan of how things were going to work and nobody had picked my brain about anything I went about my business of opening the restaurant.
The boss duo had spent all the previous night setting up the tents and tables. They should just be able to stock the fridge that was out there.
Which they did. I never knew it took so many people to stock a fridge before.
Anyhow.....Besides the fact that there were too many tables and they were all rounds that seat up to 8.........I shake my head everytime I think of it. I went in to arrange them so you could get around them. Get rid of the extra chairs....what was it they did the night before again?? Salt & Pepper??? Hmmmm.
There were a few points in the day that were just ludicrous.
The first thing that took place.....well.......bossgirl is out behind the patio bar. Nobody is in her tent. Fine. They were all coming in. Great! I was busy. I had Harry man to give me a hand. Which he did. Then a couple of tables sat on the patio. She phoned inside. Now this was not the first time she phoned inside......So I sent Harry out to her to man the bar while she takes the tables. Harry come back right away with the orders She handed him written down on 2 pieces of paper.
You've got to be Fucking kidding me!!!
I look outside....she is back behind the bar. DOING NOTHING!!!!
I am busy. I can do the restaurant by myself but I'll be damned if I am doing outside too! There is a tea that needs to go outside.....I grab it and take it out to her. As I am walking towards her she is frantically pointing at a table that it goes to. I snap at her.....'I don't have time for this!'
So she thinks i can't handle it, calls BM so she can come in and help me and he can go behind the bar!!!!
What the Fuckin' Hell!
I have Harry!
I'm not doing someone else's job too!
Throughout the day there were numerous phonecalls from her in to the restaurant. BM doing the same thing. So and so's food is up. so he would call her to get her to send them in! WE were busy. Fulltime not stopping busy.
'the food will get cold'
Guess you should have hooked up those fuckin heat lamps you got a month ago When you ran off to Alberta!
We will get it when we get it!!!
So many fucked up things all day the little stuff .......holy carp!
Another big one though......
we had a bar outside.
It was selling draft. There was a keg. Only....get this......she wouldn't pour it unless she had the chit from the bar inside to prove that it had been rung in!
So the whole purpose of it being faster for the customer.....Bar outside......lost.
I was in the bar Friday night. Not one drink was made by the bar outside.
People were mad and complaining when they came in cause she was such a bitch.
We have one machine. This machine...computer...ordertaker...visa/debit/mastercard....bill printer....does Everything. 5 of us on it. 5 of us waiting. Whatever....that was workable...but the rest.
Oh another good one!
The kitchen sinks clogged. We had one working one and 3 that were backed up and full of disgust. BM was doing dishes for a bit till our dishwasher got there. He fucked off. I assumed it was to do something or get soemthing or whatever for the sinks. Cause of course they were over flowing.....
nope. I must be dumb. He went to get signs made for the tents out front cause nobody knew or could see the restuarant sign that it was Mitch Miller's.
not that i hadn't suggested to Bossgirl herself, to print off a pile of the take-out menu's so that we could have them on each table and hand them out....no. Why would I have done such a thing?!!!
Now not only is the dish-pit a disaster....his kitchen crew of 2 needed to be relieved. Its hot they are working their asses off. And he fucks off to get signs!
Then instead of dropping them off so she can figure out how to put them up cause of course she is still just holding the pavement down........he spends another half hour out there doing it.

And and the kitchen! Frig Asshole Kyle is back there. Waht a complete dillhole! Now I am stuck with him! Cause Jill-bert gave her notice and that was her last weekend. Yup. She gave 3 wks seems to me. Has he hired anyone? Oh no. Hire? whats that!??? But thats a whole other vent.

Anyhow......there is more. But I am sure you can see from this.....
so now I am torn. I can't work like this. It is just so riduclous.
RAy made me nuts cause he Never had a plan. fine I made my own. And they worked!
This guy makes my nuts cause he seems to have a plan. but it only includes himself and his girlfriend!

So I go to work everyday with a smile on my face and remember I am there for the customer.


3 comments:

jewels said...

wow! hey - what is the mailing address of your restaurant?

(wink wink)

Kristi said...

i do truly love my job.

Jsut some ...ummm....people i could do without. Only problem is....even with the complaints I have gotten if 'I' say anything it falls on deaf ears. As he figures Its just me blowing BS cause I have some woman issue.
so it has to come from outside sources.
Like Bert said.....some partners are better silent.

Wish i could tell him that

Winnie said...

unfortunatley..he will find out on his own about silent partners.
I feel there is something better out there for you.

Law of attraction....if you believe and think that it will happen.
Thoughts turn into things.
Make it happen