Friday, November 23, 2007

Thoughts that Are Floating in my Head

- I have entirely to many Decorations
- how the Heck am i gonna put the garland up without putting holes in my walls
- I grew out all my body hair and I kinda like some of it
- i need a whole new wardrobe cause nothing fits anymore
- I sure hope Mountain and I win with the tickets we bought together. At least a little amount would be nice
- I hope someone, that holds his respect, has a chat with Mountain soon about the time he spends with the ex. He's got to hae at least One sensible friend
- What about Bob?
- i wish it was always uber busy at work
- i want a better wine list
- I can't find the Christmas cards i bought and I gotta get those done instead of blogging
- tipping out 4% is really starting to pick my butt! We tip out on staff meals and liquor and take-out orders.
the other day a staff member, from the kitchen, came in for breakfast with a friend. The bill came to just over $30. She didn't tip me. so I had to pay-out $1.20 for her to eat her meal! You bet your Ass i brought it up with her!!
WE don't have a bartender or a dishwasher or a busser or a hostess. So really, 4% is waaay to high
- I can't wait for the ballet tomorrow~
- Charlotte is tall
- Mountain is good in the sack
- why do Cheetos have to be so good
- I gotta get this decorating done

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing pisses me off more than getting stiffed by someone whom you tip out to
we also tip out 4% and most of my shifts only have hostesses etc for like 1/4 of it so I know it hurts
and it hurts more when sometimes you have to pay to serve people
I have had $400 tables not tip and that is almost $20 out of my pocket just for putting up with those assholes
But on the bright side they are few and far between

Anonymous said...

We don't have enforced "tipping" or "tipping out" in this country, so I'm not sure how that works ... but it doesn't sound fair.
Hope you work out how to get the decos up without ruining the walls. Not long to go until Christmas now!

Kristi said...

the whole tipping out thing blows chunks.
What, we as servers, get tipped is our business and only our business. Whether it be 5,10, or 20%
What we sell should be used as a guidline for tipping-out to the support staff. It sure as Hell should not be required!
There has been many a time that the food I have served does not go over with a guest, but i have had to smooth it over and make it all nice. Make them a regular or just have them leave not hating the place.
you can't tell me that I need to 'share' that with everyone else!

Its Bullshit!

it goes both ways. Some people really do only come for the food.
But when I am forced to tip-out on both liqour, staff bills, and on people that haven't tipped or havne't tipped enough.......

A tip is a gift. Its not a requirement.
I aM grateful to make anything at all. Thats why I work my ass off to get it!
if I walk out at the end of the day with more than I walked in with......its a good day

jewels said...

i agree kristi - there were SO many times food came out cold or late or WRONG and there i was, left to smooth things over while the kitchen didnt give too shits!

steph said...

What drives me MENTAL! Is owners who use MY money to pad the salary of underpaid kitchen employees! That is so WRONG! They use tip out as a raise. I want to lose it on those owners!