Friday, February 01, 2008

ShaZaM!

So as some of you know, Charlottes school has been pissing me off.
what else is new?
I've asked the teachers not to let the Charley use the timestables chart or calculator. But she still is. This of course results in the fact that she can't do math! She has only just begun to learn how to put a story togheter. You know...beginning body, summary. and I'm pretty sure she ain't got it. Sentence structure. Besides the fact of the day she was paged to the office and then just let to go with my sister without anyone checking. It appears that my initial in the planner is more important than anyhting else. So important in fact that Charlotte can forge it and i don't get red felted. They check for that and take the time out of the planner moment to circle in big REd Felt or pen that I haven't initialed. Yet....do not check to make sure Charlotte has what she needs to bring home. Nor are my many notes and questions answered.
Now this "historica" report! Jewels knows my frustrations on this already.
Project Book: Write a 3-5 page paper - approx. 200 wrds per pge. This must be typed. i don't remember ever signing C up for a typing class
Backboard:
References: Most students should have 3-4 different resources
Interview:
Students will be graded by their teacher and she will have her own criteria based on the above guidlines. The letter grade for Social Studies for this term is Soley based on this project. We are Doing George Ferguson. Thought it was going to be a great thing! Its not. But she wasn't allowed to switch after Christmas. Anyhow, I have been sending notes to school. Asking how Charlote is doing. Is she gonna make it okay? Is anyone helping her with her interview? No answers. So Yesterday, when Des McKay was in for lunch i picked his brain.
He is now taking this on and "gonna open some doors" So we'll see what happens. Mrs. W. is thrilled! she is passing on the News to the other mom's that have been annoyed by this project and the lack of communication or direction the kids seem to be getting.
its not totally the project that ticks us off. Its the seemingly LACK of teaching. they all seem to do it the same way. And its shitty. Our kids are in different classes and it all seems to be the same way. Lacking. So hopefully something positive comes of it.
Craig Carmicheal is the photographer we feature on the walls of the restaurant. He is local and used to work with the papers here in town. He's taken my pic a couple times for the Post. Anyhow, he was in yeaterday dealing with a pic when he told me about the new collection he has been approached to do. A 50's type pin-up collection. How fun is That? and he asked if i would like to do it!!! Hell Ya! but I would have to have dark hair for it. The contrast and my eyes pop more. i am soo flattered. I would love to. I've never been asked to model before. I told Mountain and he was NOT impressed. "i don't feel comfortable with that" hmmm, how ironic. Frig. Whatever. I told him he could be there. I might even make money from it! Could you imagine? A whole 50bux!!! hahaha.
Tomorrow night is Girlz Night! it'll be nice to get out. I'm looking forward to seeing you all. Charlotte has a b-day party in the afternoon so Mountain and I will have free time. YaY! Thats exciting too.
Then Sunday is a staff dinner at the restuarant. I like that. Being fed.
Frig. Just when I have money saved up to pick up a can of paint or brushes, girls night or staff dindin turns up. GRRRRR why does everything have to cost money?

3 comments:

steph said...

You pay for a staff dinner??? What the hell? As for dinner tomorrow night, I thought it was MY turn to treat?

Kristi said...

.....ummmm ok....
i'm not dumb enough to argue that

no, but if we want something other than wine.... otherwise food and wine is on Mitch!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the school project.
The photo shoot sounds like it would be soooooo much fun.
Enjoy the girlz night out. Have a drink for me.