Thursday, June 19, 2008

Camping

I am getting ready for this weekend.
finding the gear should've been easier, but of course moving has a way of jumbling stuff around. Last year was our first trip with Mountain. we discovered, we 'camp' most differently. I like to bring as little as possible that requires a cooler. I've even got it down to coffee-mate for my coffee and Charlotte loves corn pops dry. PerFecT! WE only have a fire when we need it so that cuts down on the wood packing process. Besides, the food we do bring comes in its own burnable packages! Its a science I tell you. We live on carrots, Mr. Noodles and Pringles and that has worked perfect for us for the last 8 years.
Now this man comes along and he wants food!
Real food! I gotta cook! What! He's got bacon and sausage ......hehe! i said sausage....I'll have to bring eggs and potatos frig! that means dishes will need to be done. I don't do dishes! He's doin them I told him.
When Charley and I camp....its simple. Very simple and we are good at it.
of course this is another thing we will adjust so that our family continues to grow.
So Adjust we will.
My girlfriend from work is coming to babysit my house and cat and pig while we are gone.
Relationship adjustments are hard.
When we are young, 20's, we are still growing up. we are still learning so much about ourselves, life. What we like and don't like. Every experience is New and Exciting! or sometimes not. Meeting a mate and learning and growing away or with them, its just easier. Cause you are still growing.
Once you've 'been there, done that' growing with a partner is hard. It becomes and adjustment. I would think being even older, it would be a miracle!
Don't get me wrong we always 'grow' with a partner. But the growing as we are older, depending on how many notches are in your belt, its a different growth. Acceptance maybe?
But I guess what I find is that the 'dance' is different. i know what I am capable of. I know what I want, like and need to make me happy. I know how i react and why. I've been on my own. I have had a life where I havne't had ANYBODY helping. i mean frig. I plumbed my own bathroom! How many people have been on their own to the point that I have been?
i would not change any of that for the world. Because of that part of my life I am more grateful for this part of my life. Having a partner that can accept my independence is a miracle on its own. he steps in when he needs to and I step back. our roles are falling into place and its nice. i don't expect it. I don't get selfish or pissed if he doens't cut the lawn. i am Thankful when he does. Thankful when he rolls up his pants and climbs into the pond to fix the filter. Thankful that he built the beautiful cabinet in Charlotte's room. Thankful when he comes over with bags of groceries. Thankful when I have a shower and come out and he's cleaned the kitchen. The list is long And i won't go on. But I have learned to be thankful.
So we will adjust our Camping ways to include this new addition and he will take on some rolls while we are out in the bush. We will adjust.

Blog On

4 comments:

jewels said...

i have to admit - i like eggs and bacon when i camp too!

Shanna said...

Haha...yup me too:) I am also a chronic overpacker so its hard for me to be compact. But when I grew up there wasn't a town remotely close to where we camped so that is probably why I bring everything I can cram in the car with me *just in case!*

Have fun:)

steph said...

camping is not my favorite thing to do. I have so many what if situations that come up... I guess I will have to readjust and figure it out. I love you are all going together!

Anonymous said...

I'm a 5 star hotel girl, but I did used to love camping when I was little. Have fun!