Wednesday, August 06, 2008

CAmping this Weekend

I've got some anxiety about camping this weekend.
Tea is coming.
She's already been kicking up a fuss. I really hope its not the weekend from hell with her turning on the tears for every little thing she can think of.
Charley is very excited and is packing books that she can read to Tea. I've got beads packed so they can make stuff, drawing pads, cards, peanuts for the squirrels, i think the game of Life should come along too.....we plan to hit Hicks lake (10min away from our site) on Saturday and swim in the lake. So I've got floaty devices for the girls!
I'm sorry. I'm not going to pretend any longer. i don't like that kid and merely tolerate her becasue I love Mountain. So I will do what I can to make this a "nice, fun-filled family weekend" for everybody. insert Walt Disney music here.
How bad of a person am I?
I've tried. I've done what i can. I don't like her. She is an insecure, manipulative, male attention seeking, lying, needy, whiny little girl. I am not going to pretend to myself any longer that I don't mind or that she is ok or this too shall pass or she is just a child. I wouldn't like her if she was an adult either. However, that being said.......i WILL do what i can for the sake of Mountain and Charlotte and Teaghan I suppose, and put my personal feelings aside. I just really hope that this weekend goes well and that I don't feel the need to abandon the campsite for some alone time in order to not lose my cool.

Blog On

2 comments:

steph said...

I wish you the best of luck in your attempt not to be too transparent with your feelings towards her. Always keep in mind she was molded into that by those around her.

Kristi said...

I will do my best to stare at the bushes when i need to.
She may have been molded, but she is her own person. and nothing much between now and 20 is going to change.