Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No Secret

Its no secret that I am waiting for Mntn to get down on one knee and ask me that all important question.  "is this the ring?"  LOL!!!
now seriously.  I am not that picky.  It just has to look good on my hand and let other men and women know I am Taken, Back off!  anyhow, he, is taking pride in what he puts on my hand cuz its a reflection of the kind of man he is when he is not with me.  He's feeling the Judge.  Whatever, thats his thing.  So he is getting himself in a position to get himself into another position to purchase and shop for said ring.  Now the shopping part we have not discussed.  well I shouldn't say "not discussed"  we have done that.  Magazines and flyers.  We just havne't done it in person.   He feels pressured and then he gets agitated, angry as he would really like to be in a financial position to do such things right NOW.He would like that when we do the 'in person' and the 'try this one on' that if we fine "the One"  he would be in a postion to actually Get It.  You know what I mean?  Anyhow, he/we will get there.  in the meantime...........turns out my parents are no dummies.
my mom has brought up weddings with me.  I have told her we wo't be having one.
WHAT!  but you have to.
no i don't.  I don't have to.  I can't justify spending ridiculous amounts of money that i have to scrounge for on a party - wedding.  We are having a hard time doing the first part which is the ring for Ff's sake!  I would rather visit the JP and keep my money and keep paying my mortgage.  or be saving for another down payment on a house with a yard and stuff.
We will pay for it.
Huh?  Now that is super swell.  but if they are going to fork out a few grand for a wedding for me - mntn and i would be responsible for what we wear - I'd still rather they just give me the 5 or whatever grand and we will put it on the mortgage.
maybe they will do both!  :)
she has said this more than once over the last 3 months.  Your FAther and I have talked about it and we think its important that you and (mntn) have a wedding.  you are our last one.  this is a real celebration for YOU to get married.
this of course being true.  Coming up 40 and...........
so my htoughts have been bouncing towards a wedding.  A party?  a Ceremony?  Gifts?  no.  No gifts.  We have everything. 
 a gift money basket!  of gift cards to Home depot, Canadian tire or Wal-Mart!  Thats what we would do.  I have everything.  but some of my everything needs to be replaced and cash towrads the house is never a bad thing.  Get some mortgage looked after.  Is that selfish or rude to ask for at my wedding?
would I have people for a ceremony or just to come party?
do I serve dinner or just appy's?  There would have to be a midnight buffet!
it would definantly be at my parents.  I am NOt wearing a white dress!
It turns out, after i let my mind think about having a "wedding"  I have a lot of it planned in my head already.  I didnt realize it!  I better remember to remember Mntn will have some ideas too.
I will invite everyone!  As this will truly be a reason to celebrate!  Kristi finally got some poor sap to marry her.  Oh Yes!  Everyone must be there to Celebrate!
Carp.  I don't think mom and dad realized what they were getting in to.

Blog On

6 comments:

steph said...

I think specifying what you need is fine. Isn't that what registering is doing? Specifying what you'd like? It's way easier to grab gift card than figure out what to get you guys. I appreciate that!

Kristi said...

yah I guess thats what registering is. Didn't think of it that way. I was just thinking it was rude to just ask for money. Like a cover charge before you can attend my reception. Although I'm sure it would be a party worth paying to get into........LoL!

my siblings and I all togheter is entertainment enough!

jewels said...

i always give money - or a gift card - so much easier and, considering i still have crap in my closet and buffet that i have never used, i think people appreciate cash more!

Kristi said...

i heart cash

Anonymous said...

You can have a great shindig without going overboard. What a bout a small garden ceremony (or local Park if your folks don't have a pretty garden) and a Bonfire/BBQ afterwards. I'd ask for gift cards or cash. In Greece it's traditional to pin money to the Bride's wedding dress - so make sure it's long and floaty. Lol!

Kristi said...

money on my dress? hmmm. i might like that. As long as its all 50's. I like red things.........although i do look good in brown......

parents have a beautiful yard and home. I think it would have to be at the bottom. Catered by Encore. Music by Sylvain I have a very dear friend thats a make-up artist and Sylvains wife is a hairdresser. I even have a photographer friend! Although he is most expensive. and I have a fella that has said he would perform the ceremony for us! Don't know if for free or not, but its nice for him to offer.

I'm getting excited jsut thinking about preparing to plan.