Sunday, April 05, 2009

I am Guilty

Assume - 
Assuming can make an Ass out of U and ME.

I have been guilty of it on a number of occasions.  Most of the time I catch myself.  Sometimes I dont'.
Last night I was on the receiving end of an ASS.
Not one of my most intellectual shining moments as I channeled Mntn and the 'fuck you' casually lept out from between my lips......
it wasn't the part where she went on about bad service.  I know better than anyone that bad service sucks.  what first caught my ear was how she doens't tip.  EVER.  Even that I could skim over, as she explained that she got bad service so why should she leave anything?  Thats right.  You shouldn't.  I don't even disagree with that.  It was the part where I heard her repeat herself a few times on the 'uneducated waitresses'  That sent my emotions thru the roof.
you don't have a Fucking Clue you funny looking ugly bitch!
I have known and still know Servers, that are not only very good at serving, but are highly  or even just slightly educated in Post Secondary Education.  Whether serving being a pit stop in their career choice or what they do.  These handful of ladies are amazing Servers!  
I am not highly educated, but I have been to college and actually graduated!  
I even went back to college when Charley was a toddler, to put what I graduated from further, into a degree.  Only to decide.........I like working in the Service Industry.
Now that Charles is older,  I've even toyed with going back.  Finally finish, or start on a New degree!
So as I was on the other end of a  an Ass-u-me - it was a good reminder to me as I have been guilty of such things. 
it was good to be pulled back for a moment.  I was insulted, albeit for a brief moment, it still happened, and I will use it and remember.
You never know who you are breaking bread with


Blog On Dudes! 

10 comments:

jewels said...

ummm - did i miss something?

Kristi said...

Yah - I hate being called nothing but a "stupid waitress with no education"

steph said...

This entire piece is so misrepresented it is not even funny. First of all She didn't say that. She said she disliked it when a waitress was obviously unhappy with her job and taking it out on the customer. Her rationale was that is was not her fault ( as the customer) that the waitress didn't go to school and better herself in order to get a better job, perhaps one she enjoyed. She specifically pointed out that she does tip good service. My point in this? You were out of line Kristi! As my guest you have no right to tell my other guests "Fuck you from across the room!" and finger them! I would never let someone speak to you that way in my home and the only reason you remained is because of who you are. You put quotes around her comment, that is a plain lie, she did not say that. Not to mention that calling her names like ugly and funny looking are just as bad as what you accusing her of! I cannot have this post remian without calling you on it, it is simply untrue.

jewels said...

oh wow! ladies - girl's night is supposed to be about laying it out the table WITHOUT being put down. it's supposed to be a time for us to share and be HONEST -
i'm sad for ladies night.

Kristi said...

call me a liar if you feel you need to. I call it as I heard it, and thats what I heard.
Yes I was out of line for my reactions

it was not all without learning something and I am still glad for that

steph said...

Don't blow it off like it doesn't matter. You broke the rules. First of all you are supposed to be able to vent and say whatever is on your mind at these nights. The other thing is you are NOT supposed to POST on it. The conversation is supposed to stay in the room. So be mad, be petty be immature but do not act like you are entitled because you are not.

Kristi said...

What Rules are you talking about?

She vented and so did I.

I haven't blown it off.
Who said we couldn't post? you posted about the last one.

and Yes I am entitled to my feelings. the same as you are entitled to yours

Family Of Five said...

I really enjoyed the night .... Good company and conversation..... That incident was only a moment in time of the evening. I would feel the same way as Steph especially considering the girl was a new face and came knowing no one..... I'm sure Steph wanted her to feel welcome. I think it's a bit of a sore spot for Kristi and so maybe was a bit overly sensitive and reactive. It was a great night, I really enjoyed myself and the 2 new ladies!

jewels said...

ohhh - there were new ladies??
i miss everything!
we all have a sore spot or two - a place where if poked, we react quickly and harshly. i guess it's something that we all have to work on

Kristi said...

i had a good time too!