Sunday, August 09, 2009

told work yesterday that I was going to need to take some serious time off.  I feel awful about it.
but i am NO good to anyone like this.
i hurt all the time.  That relapse of last week really scared me.  Stepping, and without any warning, my leg just not being there!
I onloy worked thursday and friday of this past and I left on Friday in pain.
After doing so well and really believing I was gonna be able to do a ful shift by the end of the month and then BAM! no reason.  no warning.
I feel bad to let my co-workers down.  
I feel awful that this might just mean my job........
but I HAVE to heal.
Muscles, torn, stretched, ripped - take longer to heal than bones - but you get more understanding and recognition of injury with a cast.
so tomorrow i go in and then after work I will go see my doctor and see what and how long he says.
Therapist said 7 to 10 days minimum. and Thats just to rest it so the swelling goes down and the pain subsides a bit.
I LOVE my job.  I hate this.
everything happens for a reason. 
1 door closes another 1 opens

Blog On

2 comments:

steph said...

It can be very difficult to admit that you cannot do it. That will be your step 1, just admitting that you cannot carry on like this and you need to rest... Never forget what happens when you miss step 1!

Kristi said...

FUCK! Step 1!!

I'm on it. LoL!! thanks for the reminder

Doc says 4 to 6 weeks off. thats waaaay longer than 10days