Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fitness Trainer?

I have a girlfriend that has offered to school me as a fitness trainer. She runs her gym and has her degree in whatever kineaseology gets you. (?) Anyhow. She has offered to give me the course free of charge. It would take a few months, but in the end.......
I would work for her in her gym as a fitness trainer. I would also be certified. So I would be able to do personal fitness training as well.
She is confidant, after I told her of my injuries, that I will heal and be right back to where I was. Cool! She even gave me a couple more things to do to build the bones back up!
anyhow - there is not really a lot of work out there in gyms and such that I can see with my weee bit of research. So i don't know. but I would be working out for a living! She did tell me I could work for her.....I'm sure she would expect after teaching me the stuff for free!
Is it something i want to do?
I do have to keep active now and have a strict daily work out for the rest of my life because of this injury. doing it before work or after work would be a pain in the butt if I end up working the same hours I was before.......but if I can get a job that is active. Like when I worked at madisons. Frig. We were all in good shape. Up and down those stairs all day.......
I am mulling. Mountain and I talked about it.......
she offered it Friday, its Sunday and I am still thinking about it.

hmmmm

What do you Think?

6 comments:

jewels said...

i think it is a good opportunity and it is something - has anything else come around??

Kristi said...

i had the Sears offer - but stairs and lifting all day right now is not a friendly combination for me, so I had to say no.


I think its a great opportunity as well! and so wonderful of her to offer. I jsut don't want to screw it up and let my friend down as she is really would be really going out of her way for this. Also - i want to be able to have a job! That's huge.
Go through 6 mnths of schooling and not have job at the end would bite

Family Of Five said...

The city of New West was just hiring fitness leaders at $25 / hr. I think there is a wide variety of places around for job opportunities. And Yes, It's something.

steph said...

I am not sure you are ready for a high energy job yet. Your body has to catch up with your brain!

Kristi said...

the "job" would be months away - months
like late spring

just some dude said...

I say go for it. If you hate it you don't have to keep doing it and you'll have more experience you can fall back on. Plus you'll get paid to be in good shape! It's also something you could do part time if you liked it.