Monday, April 19, 2010

New Blinds

Ah Yes. A Lovely Sunday morning. The sun is out. the birds are frolicking. Front door wide open to let the freshness in. Wonderful.
Flies. Tis the season for flies. Turns out, some came in my house. That's ok. A couple flies aren't going to kill me. Besides now I have kitties that like to hunt them. Cool.
I was in my room getting my act together for the day.
There was a noise. It was an ungood noise of something getting wrecked. I didn't know what it was that was getting ruined, but it was definitely a wrecking sound.
My Blinds!
My blinds in my Front window! Damnit! He hunted a fly right up the center of them. Got caught up and ............... BAM! Blinds destroyed.
Now normally, every morning, I not only open the blinds, but the front ones I lift. so That the kitties can look out and sit there without the hinderance of something in their view. As I have witnessed them both, once in awhile, trying to go thru them.
So here I was. Blinds broken. Lookin' much like a crack shack. Fudge! I don't have blinds in my budget for Months!

I announce to Mntn taht I HAVE to get new ones for the front window
Off we head to Home Depot.
Now my front windows are special. They are not your normal lenght. 48" in length is 12 inches too short. So the only place I can get them is home depot ...... unless I order them. Forget That! As we are there looking for the right width, we soon learn they are special in that aspect too. We must have them cut.
Fine. I make sure its the right length and Mntn snags the box to give to the girl so she can cut them.
he then decides, last second, we might as well do the other 2 narrower (28") blinds. Then they will all be done but the big window. he walks back over grabs some 30's, and stacks them on top of the other box. He lets Ashleen know what he has done and what he needs. Ashleen cuts them for us. Mntn foots the bill for all 3 blinds and we head home.
Now if you've ever been to Home Depot Window covering section, you know that the area is littered with signs.
NO RETURNS ON CUT BLINDS. MAKE SURE YOUR MEASUREMENTS ARE CORRECT.
We didn't have to worry. we had measured the width correctly and made sure we got the 72" in length ................................ For the Center Blind!!!
He looks at the 3 boxes of blinds and notices soemthing. ............. he -- we didn't make sure the 2 narrower blinds were long enough. HE GRABBED THE 48's!! SHIT! They won't take them back! There's signs everywhere! Thats' a good chunk of money to swallow for a stupid mistake.
I say -- let's try taking them back anyway. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If we can even get back half our money its better than nothing. Mntn is hesitant. he feels like a knob. They'll never take them back he is convinced. "We might as well try," I convince him. "We get nowhere without trying. Worse case scenario, we are right back here".
In we go to customer service. She shakes her head. "They've been cut I can't return these". i look at her , is there something that you can suggest for us to do? I plead.
She tells us that we can try going back over to where we got them from and see if there's anything they can do there ..............
I'll try. Nothing ventured, Nothing gained.
Ashleen is there. Relaxing. It was really busy the hour before when we were there. I ask her if there's ANYTHING AT ALL that she can do to help us with our opsy. Half price. Anything?? She shakes her head no.
*sigh* Ok. *sigh* its ok at least we tried.
She stops us. Let me talk to jen.
Jen? we wonder
jen wanders in at that moment. She asks her if she can take back the blinds.
Yup! No problem!
Really!!!??
We got our 28" 72"'s done and bought one more for the other window in the livingroom! All 4 windows are done now! and We had the best customer service from Jen and Ashleen EVER!!! When jen took us over to the Customer Service Desk to do the switch, from the short blinds to the new longer blinds, she told the girl that she had grabbed the wrong size earlier. She took the whole Opsy on to herself!!! We were floored. Then the customer service girl charged us for the shorter blinds! "for our trouble" she said. Flat on The Floor we are by this point.
Really!?!
The next morning on my way to school I picked up some Tim Horton's gift cards. After school I went back to Home Depot with a card packed with our thanks and their names on them. I can't rmember the last time I was on the recieving end of such amazing Customer Service. I know I must have been, but this was just an above and beyond moment.
Thank-you Ashleen & Jen from Home Depot!
I now have 4 very nice looking blinded windows in my living room.




1 comment:

steph said...

Awesome! I love that!