Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom's Day For Me

What a wonderful day I had yesterday!
It actually started the night before. Charley, Mntn and I flicked on the TV to see what was on.
Pretty in Pink!
It warmed my heart to cuddle up to the Queen and share this movie with her. she liked it. She didn't want to turn it off. And she managed to keep her eyes open till 11 to see how it ended!
The next morning I got coffee topped with whip cream in bed(my fat cells jumped for joy) and yogurt. Then off they went ............ before 9 even, Charley and Mountain!
an Hour later they came home with bags of dirt and the yellow begonia's I had been talking about. YaY!!
Mountain left for his day -- that's another post -- and Lottie and I settled in to dig! I cleaned out the pond pump. Got grossed out cause, even though there is a pump and fountain in there, mosquito larvae are still managing to grow! BLECK!! (the last of our fish got eaten in the fall by a cat or a raccoon?) Charlotte had shared that she would really like a planter outside her playhouse. She drew up a plan. I surprised her by making it happen! Off we went to the nursery to pick up plants for her planter and a few more for me :) Next stop, the pet store to pick up some comet's for the pond. I'll not have those pesky critters breeding in there! Back home we came, after a quick lunch, that we enjoyed together under our umbrella on the patio, we set to work! Even the cats helped. So even though i planted sunflower seeds .......... dunno where or if they will come up. Kitties like to dig when they see you doing it. I spent the afternoon we doing the old garden! it was the plan for last year -- but it never happened cuase I was broken. But It happened this Year!!!! I repositioned my rocks, built up the dirt, raised the beds ............ what a fabulous day! I didn't get to do as much as I had wanted and had to stop a lot, cause I am still broken so I do have to take it slow and easy. Being Very aware of what my body is telling me. However, I got lots more done than I did by sitting on my Butt all last year staring at it and i am Thrilled!!!
Mountain came home with a bottle of wine for me and i sat. Didn't cook supper. Didn't wash dishes. Just sat. mostly cause my body was telling me so, but it was good.
I ache and hurt today. Some of it good old fashioned gardening pain, some of it car accident pain. Non of it debilitating. Just means I gotta take it slow for the next couple days to be sure it doesn't turn debilitating and I will be just fine!
The high-light for me was Pretty in Pink. How wonderful it was to share that 80's classic with her!

I really Enjoyed my Mother's day!

2 comments:

steph said...

Very good day! I rested most of the day with a plan to garden this week! I am very excited... Not ever been into it!

Kristi said...

Nesting is a wonderful thing. I heart Gardening SOOOOOOOO much!
After I get it together here and school is done ......... i will come play in yer dirt while you pretend to be a new mom! I'll even feed you strawberry margarita's!!

Really enjoying it this year. Missed out on so much last year. Building up my beds. Adding more dirt. Charlotte and Mntn enabling me by lifting the heavy stuff.
If anything ....... its gotta be gorgeous for when Mntn's Seeesterrr is here First week of July! Most important to WoW the outlaws!

Damn! I shoulda taken before and after shots. Poo!