Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I dunno

this is nice to dream, daydream and all about my wedding .......... but ......... i can't justify the debt.
i mean its the one and only time I do this. and Its a miracle at that! So shouldn't we celebrate?
If i get a dress, I want the dress i fall in love with. Not a "oh this will do" dress because we are broke. Same goes fro everything else too. Not that I would go out and get a 1400 dollar gown. That would NEVER happen, but if I fall in love with an 8oo dollar one ...........
and then there's the whole changing of the name thing.
That is a load of crap!
firstly - I don't want to take his name. I want to keep mine. I've had it for 40years!
Asked him if he'd take mine. He's not into that. Fine. Guess you know how I feel then.
So I will hyphenate it, but still, that's a lot of ID to change! And All Charley's too! Her's even more cuz its gotta go in the paper and all kinds of hoopla.
Really it should be a wedding package that gets done for you when you sign the license. An all in one deal. Such crap! Its going to cost hundreds of dollars and piles of my time running around.
on top of that I can't decide on a date.
Feeling a bit ARG about it. I had 2 choices in my head and the one I would like to lean towards more can't work next year. BOOGER!!!

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

I always felt- and still do- that the name isn't necesary to change. And people always roll their eyes and say ohhhhh but what about your kids? Listen. I would gladly explain to my kids (if I had any) that mommy had a choice, as do you, and when you grow up and marry someone you can CHOOSE whether to keep your family name that you were born with and known as, or you are welcome to adopt the name of your spouse to match your new married life. Either decision is valid.
Never understood why people find this so tsk tsk. It's really not a huge issue. It's YOUR NAME and YOU should choose what it is !