Sunday, July 18, 2010

Plan for a Wedding

well I have gone from having an outside reception, to having it glam, to now - just doing what I can.
looking for halls is hard.
We both agree, it can't be too far out. First we wanted it close to a city so that people can cab it to a hotel if they need to. now its gotten that it needs to be close to this city as we are going to have family staying in our home and non of them will be driving. So they will have to cab it back.
My colours are changing too.
Had decided on what I thought would be good. However, my Sister - maid of Honour - will not look good in that colour sooooooo. i am rethinking that as well.
one thing remains the same.
Ceremony at my mom's
Mountain finally chose his Best man. it will be a woman. its actually the mutual friend of ours that introduced us. it will be good. She is his best friend.
I am going to be drying hydrangea's -- i am thinking flower balls. Give me a glue, some styrofoam balls and ribbon. We'll make some pretty pretties for whatever hall or space we end up in.
I think I know what photographer i would like.
Cake - i've got my gal on that
Music by Sylvain of course
We've capped our guest list at 100
make-up by my other gal pal Micke!
Hair? hmmmm - don't know about that
Dress? well - don't knwo about that either. i think I'll have to cap that too. so easy to go over the top with a dress. it needs to be appropriate for summer and a garden. Hmmmm
I've already dropped a few pounds!! YaY!!! I'll jsut keep at it - the being disciplined and I am sure to get the results i am seeking. I really hope I can keep the boobs???
An MC? I have a couple people in mind.......do i really need one? Would it be so terribly wrong if I was my own MC?
those agonizing hours in between ceremony and reception that i as a guest always dread. So thinking on entertainment to keep guests un-bored till we get to wherever we are going.
Ah yes the Wishing well - gotta remember to put that on the invitation and hope that everyone knows what it is even. Don't get me wrong. Special gifts are wonderful - however - we really have everything, and the stuff we do need ...... ie. dishwasher, air-conditioner, down payment for a house, fence ..... ect. i would never expect wrapped and on the table. So a Wishing Well it is to help us reach those goals!!
Then there's -- how is Teaghan getting there. And who is going to hang with her for the day. How is she getting Home!!
My posse' will have jobs. Some of them know what they already are, there will probably be more ...... so good to have a posse'
They will be in charge of parking, ushering, clean-up crews, decorating, entertaining, keeping me together .......... LOVE MY GIRLS!!!
so in my bright red shiny book i write.
Prices, ideas, who is doing what .........

my mom was expecting me to wear her pearls .............. Opsy
what if my dad is expecting to walk me down the aisle?
Still lots to think about. Lots to arrange. All as inexpensively as possible.
Ahhhh yes. It will be interesting

Blog On

No comments: