Saturday, October 02, 2010

I Love my Sister but.......

My Sister has had some pretty nasty moments over the last year. She's been pushing for a fight for quite some time. Casting Lots of stones in my direction. Which, for the most part I take. i get it. She has a lot of frustrations and being a sister i get the shitty end. It happens. Sometimes I even deserve it. However, sometimes lines get crossed. Sometimes her mouth gets far to ahead of her. Sometimes, things could have been delivered in a nicer way. Most of the time, Lately, her Ass has been doing a lot of the talking.
Yes i do every once in awhile need a reality check. Fine. i can admit that. So does she. Holy Smokes if i Even begin to check her! Yikes! nope I just won't, but She has been downright mean over the last year on occasion. So now I find i am really walking the edge.
There is a lot of pots and kettles with black bottoms having much to say.
so Far I have done my best to Not throw it back in her face. but as my arsenal grows and my Scorpio tail starts to swish i am pulling away first.
I do not want to let my tail get any more itchy than it is. That is dangerous. For both of us as i know all too well the damage it will cause. So I gotta just sit back. Retreat.
Its a horrible feeling to suddenly start to regret asking your sister to be your maid-of-honor. But that is how I am feeling. I am starting to want to fire her. That sucks to even have those thoughts crossing my mind. I want her there. I want her standing with me, but I think I may have made a mistake. She is not right for the job. I seriously hope it changes soon and we can find our way back to the same page. i Love my sister and the thoughts I am having now ....... i want them to be gone out of my mind. *sigh*
how do I get on to a more positive road with her?

5 comments:

steph said...

Call her on it. Not in any mean way but when she says something rude just say "Wow, I am not sure I deserved that kind of comment from you!" or " I am chalking that comment up to you having some sort of personal issue not associated to what we are talking about because you are truly being rude to me." Reacting by getting upset will only satisfy whatever need she has right now to get in your craw. Pointing out her rudeness may shame her into zipping it!

Kristi said...

I generally just ignore her and say nothing at all. Or agree with her sweetly. Makes her crazy when I do that.

shari said...

I have to agree with Steph on this one. You should really call her on it and hopefully open her eyes to it before you explode a big chasm between you.

Kristi said...

i called her on it during my mom's birthday party.
It wasn't nice.
That was before anyone got there Muck. She got in my face about my car and where I had parked it........

steph said...

I don't have sisters... So I have no idea what to tell you but I will say you are the bigger person about it!