Monday, October 25, 2010

Wedding Shoes

I am so Thrilled!
The reality that i might just be all good to wear heels for my wedding is starting to come true.
i am love, love, loving the laser. To me its like a miracle!
i was really just starting to give in to this new lifestyle I have adopted.
The avoidance of bending - keep everything at waist level - bend only when necessary. Planning outings days in advance as to leave room to rest in between. Heels? HAHAHA! I wore heels to my moms for thanksgiving. That consisted of putting them on just before leaving the house and taking them off as soon as i got there.
However, with this laser therapy, my stride is returning. The confidant self assured walk that I've had for years. Its coming back! I am getting places at a pace I am more used to. Fast. The funky steps i used to take that would surprise me with a sharp stabbing pain becoming less and less. I find the fear of walking I have developed, the very aware, very careful awareness of my moves diminishing. i don't have to babysit my body as much anymore.
i do still have the rusty spine. That I am sure will be a long time healing. The thing with the rusty spine is that then I move and sit careful at work. This carefulness is meaning I make a very conscious effort to sit up straight and watch my posture. This usually results in tight should blades which in turn gives me the most beautiful headaches. For a real treat they turn to migraines. Even with that. The pain or debilitation of a migraine .......... is still Better than the pain in my leg. Yup. You read right. Better than the pain in my hip-leg-back. Bizarre.
I am sure as my body continues to heal and the bones in my spine heal from their separation of a year and half ago the headaches will subside too.
Since ICBC is not being forthcoming with help. i will be figuring out how to get my butt to a massage. Not one of those deep muscle ones though that I have before. That sucked. It was like being hit by a truck. A nice, soothing, calming, muscle relaxing massage. I will have extended medical soon that will cover such things. I'll take care of it that way! I most definitely will benefit from massage. This I know. i heard a rumour that Spa Utopia has registered massage therapists! :)
So in 9 months - i will be looking forward to an evening in heels!
I will dance in them. I will walk in them. I will be able to wear heels for my wedding and I am thrilled!!!

Blog on Dudes!

1 comment:

steph said...

Very happy for you!