Tuesday, March 08, 2011

dancing

Well, so much for my dream of gliding across the dance floor with my new husband.
I have quit dance class. Forget it! Not going back with him. i am tired of the negative that flows from his mouth. The - see i (screwd) up again. - the eye rolls and the sighs .......... I am tired of feeling shitty. I am tired of standing in my kitchen on my nights off waiting for him to get up off the couch, after he's agreed to practice, and come dance with me.
So we are not dancing at the wedding, we are not dancing in the copper room. We are not doing it! I now refuse! Does he know this?
No.
I left class the other day, he many steps behind me, not speaking. As a matter of fact, i didn't speak to him for hours. i was in tears when we got tot the car.
i get it. He can't hear or understand the beat of the music or how it works. I get it. So I try counting for him, he tells me to shut -up. I do, and then he's off beat again.......complaining and just standing there instead of trying to get back to the basic step. I've told him - if we screw up, just go back to the basic step. We'll find each other and continue on...........
So forget it!

6 comments:

steph said...

That is disappointing! Does he know how important it is to you?

Kristi said...

i have to remember this wedding is not all about me - if he really hates it that much --- then I guess we won't do it.
i would not want to do something I really, really don't want to, so its kinda unfair of me to expect him to.
just really disapointing :(

Family Of Five said...

Why can't you dance at your wedding? You don't need dance classes..... it's about being lost in the moment embracing eachother. I don't know... we didn't do any special dance classes.... maybe we looked like clowns out there, but I didn't care..... we held eachother and talked and moved around the dance floor.

Kristi said...

he doesn't want to dance cuz he feels stupid.
the dance classes were about getting his confidence and self esteem up. I'd be totally fine with the popular shift your weight dance.
he is the issue and his insecurities of people looking at him. He is already tackling a HUGE insecurity being at the head table with everyone looking at him and being the center of attention

Family Of Five said...

Okay well maybe do the first dance with a group? Like have your whole wedding party and parents all dance at the same time?

Kristi said...

that was my original idea that I pitched to him as I know how he feels ....... his response was "that's stupid!"
he feels dumb cuz he doesn't know how to dance .... which led into discussion of ...... it would be just me and my girls dancing......which led to "isn't it SUPPOSED to..." .........which led to tradition ......which then let to the discussion of lessons .....the agreement that lessons would help lesson the feeling stupid factor.....ect.
Trust me - i have thougth of every angle already. But I am not about to go thru the negativity and the verbal abuse and shit. Why put myself and him in a situation that makes him feel UBER uncomfortable and then in turn Ruins the experience its supposed to be for both of us?