Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Two Week Wait

So Yesterday was an anxiety roller coaster!

I spent the morning recovering from my 3 mismanaged, no/late breaks, 10 & 12 hour shifts.  Then I kept checking my email to see if I would hear from the new job for a 3rd interview to be formally hired. Then husband was home from work at lunch cuz there is no work there for him.  Then at 2:44PM i get a call from Fraser Health telling me that there are abnormalities in my left breast and I need to go back for a VIP exam on the 27th.  Followed by a special appointment with the Doctor on the 28th to discuss the results.

My left Tit has been recalled -

I have decided to not worry about it.  Even though I am totally worried about it.  
I have been cysty my whole life.  The first time I found lumps in my tits was when I was 18.  I was told, too much caffeine and hormones.  Then cysts were found on my ovaries when I was 19.  Went to my first ultrasound.  The body absorbed them,  Once again I was told hormones.  Then I had one behind my ear ....... it went away.  So I am not going to worry about this 'abnormality' in my tit!

Something different about this - I can't feel it.  Like with my own hand, fingers.  Not that I felt the ones on my ovaries with my fingers, but I did have aching back then.  Which is what prompted the trip to the doctor to begin with.  The cysts i have had in my tits have happened many times over the years.  Many trips to the doctor with fears.  I've always felt them.  All the doctors I have seen over the years have said, if they move, don't worry about them.  The body will absorb them.  They are due to hormones.  This I don't feel.  Or do I? 
When I breast exam myself, the left does feel denser then the right.  Is that it?  Cuz if it is, it's massive -
I am Totally worried about the 'abnormality' in my tit....

So, the 2 week wait.  So different from the 2 week waits I was doing 4 years ago.  Waiting to see if the invitro had taken ...... waiting to see if I had another period or am I pregnant.  That was full of anxiety, hope and dreams.  This 2 week wait only started yesterday.  So far it's full of anxiety and thoughts.

My first thoughts  are about the job I am hoping for.  The job I plan to leave.  Worst case scenario is that I have cancer.  Boob Cancer.  People survive that all the time, every day.  So That I am not really concerned about.  Waht I am concerned about is being sick.  Having to do the get well journey.  I will need disability for about a year.  Switching jobs without the benefits right away ........ we will need that money to keep the house.  I can't afford to be without an income.  My family needs this home.  Do I continue forward with my plan to leave my current job?
I think about my husband.  He loves me sooo much.  He makes me insane, but in the end, I love him too.  Is he up for this?  If I do end up being sick, can he handle it?  Can he handle all that he will need to do?  If I am here day after day feeling shitty and bad about myself, will he be able to cope?  Will he be able to keep the house in order to relieve the anxiety I am sure to have about it?   Will he be able to keep his job?
I think about my daughter - I quit drinking because I was leaving her.  Drinking has put time between us.  Lost time.  It finally became enough that I felt it.  Worrying that it had been too long and she is/was gone.  I've missed so much ........ now to be sober and I end up leaving her anyway?  Or losing time because I am sick.  She has so much in her future.  I don't ever want to be the reason she doesn't reach her full potential.  I don't ever want to be the reason she didn't go forward.  She is the most amazing person I ever could have created.  She is strong and smart and so secure.  She is my world.  She has great things coming to her.  So many great things.  I don't know what they are, but they are out there for her.  She keeps reaching, she will get there.  Where ever 'there' is.
I think about money.  Money we don't have.  The bank account that has $198 in it.  I think about the thousands of dollars that i owe in my name.  I can't afford to not work.  I can't afford to miss days.  We are living pay check to pay check.........
I worry that we will lose the house on a day to day basis.  Being sick or possibly sick..... the worry is strong.
So then I switch to ...... so I'm sick.  So maybe I lose my Breast.  You get new ones!  Better ones!  I always wanted a boob job.  I go bald.  Well, I guess that is what it is.  I haven't been bald.  Even as a baby I had hair.  So I will rock hats and Scarves! I will wear Huge colored hoop earrings and bright lipstick.  It will be amazing!   Biggest perk of all - I will lose weight!  Maybe get back down to a size 5!  Although, i have gotten rid of most of my small clothes.  The Queen has a handful of them that she is now wearing ...... so i guess there is her wardrobe that I can dive into ....... I will get a holiday.  Time to do the projects I have lined up. The colander hanging baskets.  The teapot wind chimes.  Fairy gardens.  I'll have time to meditate how I like and to excercise!! see lots of positives!

I decided last night that I will continue with my plan to quit my current job and move forward to the next job.  I will get thru my 2 week wait however I get thru it I guess.  Hopefully with not to much anxiety and not to many blow-ups at work before I leave.  I don't want to burn bridges or destroy friendships.
Today, I will Tonic.  I will Tonic a lot.
Today, I might just have a nap in the afternoon.  I haven't slept since 5AM.  So I am sure a nap will be wolcomed.
Today, I will binge watch Sex and the City some more.  That was the reason I decided I had to get my mammogram done.  I identify a lot with Sammantha.  The episode where she fell in a hole and broke her toe, is what prompted me to make the appointment.   I broke my toe ..... several times......and then my foot ......... I figured Carp!  she broke her toe and then she had the cancer thing -  I better get my shit looked after!  It was a, 'the light came on' moment.  Glad I did.
Today, I will paint my Bathroom Floor and probably the pillars in my living room to keep busy on my day off!

Blog On Dudes

No comments: