Monday, July 24, 2006

Goose Poop & Feathers

I was so excited.
Our first official going out date!
I woke in the morning with left over allergies from the day before. I didn't want to be sniffling all day so I washed an antihistimine down with my morning coffee. Having a red nose and needing to blow it all day would have really tarnished the day I had pictured in my head.
I frantically got ready.
I was tired from working a BBQ for 11 hours in the hot sun from the day before.
I dropped Charlitte off at Gramma's.
Then made my way back home. Just before my exit off the freeway.........traffic stopped.
Frig!
I had lots of time still so I was okay.
10:30. He was coming at 10:30.
I was more concerned cause the plan was to head out that way. Are we going to be stopped on the freeway?
I made it home with minutes to spare.
I ran in the house.
Do I bring the back-pack I was preparing?
I don't want to appear too prepared for anything.
this is supposed to casual....comfortable.....i didn't know what to do.
Yes thats me. I like to be prepared for all the just in cases that might happen. My first job is mom afterall.
I settled for the frozen bottle of water in my purse. Put the camera aside. Applied more sunscreen. my bathing suit was on. Deodarant? I reapply, just to be sure. Okay. I'm good!
He's here! Right on time!
Do I appear calm cool and collected?

My front door is open. He comes in and I'm standing at the top of the stairs in my casual grey skirt from Jacobs and my white with green trim tank from American Eagle. He's in the same colour combination.
Hmmm. Interesting. Dressing the same so early in the relationship. Are we that couple?
"you look beautiful."
He wraps his arms around me and I tilt my head up.......way up....to kiss him.
Out we go and jump in the truck.
"are you as nervous as I am" I didn't expect those word out of his mouth. But he is so much like me that way. Direct and to the point. Why hide stuff?
I didn't want to answer. Of course I was nervous. Well maybe just more excited. Really, really excited. We've spent lots of time together in my home, but thats easy. Thats me. My stuff. This was our first social outing. This was a gauranteed uninterupted DAY together. This was him sharing what he likes to do with me. This was him sharing himself. This was our first official 'date' toghether.
I reach over and put my hand on his leg.'I'm excited and looking forward to this day with you'
It was just about then that the little pill i washed down with my morning coffee started to kick in. I leaned my head back on the seat. The wind from the open back of the truck blowing my loose hair around my face. He drives me thru the countryside, this I of course love. The open road. The farmhouses, fields. The smell of country. He points out all the houses he's worked at. Former clients from his 12 years in the business.
i listen from my drugged brain as he shares himself,and his expierences with me.
we avoid the freeway and keep away from the traffic.
Out to River we go.
He parks the truck on the side of the road. I grab my purse and then we trek down the side of the embankment to the river bed. We make it to part of the river that has made its own course from the main part of it.
"I can carry you"
I give him a What The Hell look. 'Carry me?' I slip off my sandals and start to make my way thru the water. Manuevering carefully around the slippery rocks. He follows. We get to the other side and he shows me where he's spent afternoons with his kids. He shows me where his youngest son has been working on carving his name in an old log. He tells me how much the River has changed in the last while and points at checkpoints and things.
He loves it there.
We make are way back to the truck.
He collects rocks. As a hobby.
And not the kind you can fit in your pocket. The kind you need a few friends or a crane to lift.
As we are heading back I step over one I decided I liked.
"then you should have it."
He takes it to the water and cleans it off. It'll look good in my garden. Not too big. don't need crane.
He tucks it in the back of the truck under the blanket.
Off to his next stop.
He wants to show me soemthing.
Again we stop and trek down to another spot in the river.
now I must admit.......it was a beautiful rock. I took a picture of it with my camera phone but it really jsut doens't do it justice. It looksas though it has Jade all through it. Wet you can see all the colour in it. Blues and Greens. He is so pleased with himself.Glad that I likeit too. I can see his face light up as i study it and announce my love for it too!
WE stand balancing on the rocks at the edge of the river. I lean into him. He is on a lower rock. We are looking into each others eyes.
Standing on the edge of the river listening to it rush behind us. Crashing over the rocks in its path. We kiss. We kiss a lot. Then we remember the guy about 40 feet away fishing.
We should go.
Its lunch time.
This is good cause i am still in a slight self induced antihistamine haze. Food will help.
He takes me past a house he once lived in down by the lake. Tells me a story about living there. He is so full of stories. We have lunch at the local Burger Joint.
Sitting at a picnic table outside. Watching people walk by. Holding hands across the table. Oh we are jsut so smitten with each other and its so very obvious to anyone that looks over. There we are gazing endlessly at one another constant smiles on our faces.
Its almost sickening.
Not sickening enough though that we had to sit on the same side of the table. We weren't THAT couple. I can't stand people who do that. Public displays of affection turn me off. I mean there is a time and place. I nice kiss in public is one thing and holding hands. but if you can't keep your hands off each other.........get a fucking room!
It was nice to learn that he has the same philosophy.
Back in the truck we go. I grab my water. Its hot and I am dehydrated. Friggin Pill!
In the back of the truck under the blankets he has a flat of water, sunscreen, rocks, t-shirts.......he is prepared for anything!
It appears we might have a few more things in common.
Hmmm.
OUr next stop was closer to home.
WE covered the farmland again. My hand on his leg while he's driving. I lean over and kiss his neck. A light nibble to his earlobe. We are at a stop sign in the middle of nowhere and he turns his head to kiss my mouth. The sun is beaming down on us. As our mouths engage and our tongues entwine. We need to find shade. We are heating up in all kinds of ways!
He is heading for a park.
Once at the park he sets out finding a shady spot to lay out the blanket.
there is Goose Poop everywhere. I insist that blankets can be cleaned. Thats why God gave us washers.
He finds a cozy spot under a big old willow and lays it out.
we are isolated from the rest of the park. People we can hardly see at the other end where the bathrooms are.
Lying on a blanket under a willow tree we lay and kiss and touch and talk. Staring up thru the branches and soaking each other up. Every once in awhile a curious person drives by and slows when they see us.
I decided that the swings looked very inviting.
so I jumped up to make my way over.
"what are you doing?"
'swingin baby!! oooh look a feather!'
It was a huge Goose feather. I figured Charlotte would love it so I picked it up and took it with me and chose my swing.
Tall Dude wanders over with another one and hands it to me.
YaY!
I start to swing as high as I can. The feathers are getting munched in my hands so I put them in the ponys I had in my hair.
'There. now I won't lose them!'
He laughs. Watching me swing higher and higher. I lean back till my head almost touches the ground.
"you're not like other girls. I like you"
Back over to the blanket we go and make out for another hour.
I have never kissed so much in my life as i do with him.
The fondling of parts isn't even there so much. He is so respectful! Just kissing. The light touch of his hand on my face. Squeezing my shoulder. Around my waist.
Hours seem like minutes when we are togehter. It all just flys by and then there we are. Having to leave.
His day is up. He must pick up his children and i must pick up mine.
WE talk about our feelings for one another. I marvel at how he's not trying to get in my pants he just enjoys holding me and kissing. This of course makes me want him more. The oral fixation I have calling out in my head to 'take care of things'
but that part I won't share.
He drives me home.
We stand in my driveway and say our goodbyes.
The day was a huge success!
I just loved spending time with him.
I love that he needs to be a dad too. I love that he respects me and my place as a mom.
He tells me how much I 'fit' him. How he just can't believe it. I am yelling in my head cause thats just how I feel to and its jsut all so wierd and wonderous. I'm scared that the whirlwind will stop and that this will all fade. Scared that he will leave me in one way or another just like every other man has.
More afraid that he won't.
I looked into his eyes last night and I saw something there that was unfamiliar to me.
Now I don't want to say anything quite yet. I'm not even sure if what I saw.......if i deciphered it correctly. But it did freak me out!

WEll blogger dudes. That was my Saturday date. It has taken me forever to write about it. Between blogger breakdown and just actually being busy. It took 2 days!!!
And my friggin spacebar that I cleaned and now it doesn't work quite right so i keep having run-on words. Proof reading is taking twice as long.
Frig!

Blog On Dudes..............K.

9 comments:

steph said...

B&F on the space bar stuff...and YAY on the boy. The first couple of weeks are sooo fun enjoy it and don't read to much into anything worst case scenario you learn a bunch of stuff about rocks and you have a lot of fun!

joanne said...

Wow. That's an amazing day! Don't freak out, you are finally ready for this. Just remember that everything you have gone through in your life has brought you to where you are now!

Anonymous said...

pictures... I want pictures!

Anonymous said...

He sounds wonderful. Don't think to much and just go with the flow. And Kristi, it is easy to understand why he is falling for you. Relax and enjoy this gift and see where it takes you. And don't hold back, let yourself go and let yourself love.

Chris said...

"I looked into his eyes last night and I saw something there that was unfamiliar to me.
Now I don't want to say anything quite yet. I'm not even sure if what I saw.......if i deciphered it correctly. But it did freak me out!"


Wow you end with a mystery? What did she think she saw?

Anonymous said...

you deserve this.

Anonymous said...

Tell us more! We are getting to fall in love through you - yipee!

Anonymous said...

Get a background check on him, he could be a .......well I don't really want to say it but be careful. If whatever you saw freaked you out, trust your gut feeling first. You got a glimpse of his soul and you should pay attention to it. Also, keep your girl away from him for the time being.....he just seems too good to be true.............lol....still.

Kristi said...

Ummm. Yah.
Whatever.

the glimpse of what I saw was him falling in love with me and being there with me forever.
Thats what i saw that i didn't want to mention or jump the gun about.
But way to blow it all out or proportion.
Ummm and as far as 'my girl' goes.......
you've only been reading for a short time. Don't assume anything.