Sunday, August 27, 2006

Blast from the Past

I got up early this morning after my 14 hour wedding day yesterday.
Body tired. Bones aching to do an out of town breakfast brunch for a client. A family get together of sorts.
Mennonite deal.
Guests are arriving.
i recognize a kid.
Its Mr. Big's oldest son!
Yup. He was there with his mom and ALL her other children.
His brother was there as well but I didn;'t get the chance to say 'hi'. Just to the the oldest.
How wierd is that?
I took a break and went out and phoned the Tall Dude.
Kid is good. Going into Grade 7.....
I was fine. Braced myself cause I wasn't sure. but I was so fine it wasn't funny.
Huh. Whatta Yah know.
It was then that I realized that i have not been lying to myself all these months. That if Mr.Big came around I don't want to be with him.
I really, really don't!
I really was freed so many, many months ago jsut like I thought!
Tall Dude was thrilled to hear from me. He knew I was working and didn't think he'd get a chance to talk to me today.
I like where I am.
Now maybe an attitude adjustment on the job.........
I really think thats most of my problem.
My attitude. My attitude about the job that is.
However, if I can't fix it I gotta change it!

6 comments:

jewels said...

Good for you!

You passed the test... whoo hoo!

Anonymous said...

It is always such a relief when you realize that you have actually passed thru the tunnel and into the light! Ta da! Glad you had that moment-good validation for all of the good changes that you have made
XOXO

steph said...

I think the true test will be seeing him. Real live him. Be fabulous...his loss.

Anonymous said...

That is a great landmark to pass.

Kristi said...

I am fully confidant that I would pass the test

Anonymous said...

Do you know how many men it takes to satisfy an Amish woman? Three Mennonite. I know it's REALLY bad but I couldn't resist.