Monday, August 28, 2006

I Am Sam

I watched that movie last night.
It was on T.V.
I cried and I cried and I cried and I cried.
Then I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.
I didn't realize I had so much that needed to be released.
Stuff bottled up.
I forgot that I do that.

I'm not a crier.
Before Charlotte was born I would rent a movie when I felt that I needed to cry. To Release cause I just can;t or don't cry sometimes when I otherwise should.
That movie was Angie; Gina Davis.
Always got the waterworks flowing.
Her birth father knew when he saw the movie nwhat my plans for the evening were.
He knew to just FFF-off for the night.
Leave me to my wine, box of kleenex, and movie.
My Cleansing.

so last night it was I Am Sam.
3 hrs of tears.
No wine. Just kleenex.
Sometimes I just need that you know.

blog On Dudes!!

7 comments:

James Goudie said...

"I Am Sam" is a good movie. at least i thought so. I saw it when it first came to video stores. I even watched the end part when i saw it on tv too

James Goudie said...

it made me laugh and smile to see Sam so excited when the little girl got a goal in the soccer game while he was being a ref.

matt said...

I don't know if "Click" with Adam Sandler is on video yet but if you're a guy, no matter how tough you think you are watch out. I was in the theater waiting for my wife and kids and I had to go out to the car so I didn't get weepy in front of strangers. I went out to the imdb database and there were men that cried all night after watching that flick. "Big Fish" is another movie that gets to me. "The Grapes of Wrath" turns me into a wuss.

I never was like that until my mom died unexpectedly. Since then real tragedy, death and dying of honorable characters it just cuts right to the core. Maybe I was always like that but I used alcohol and drugs to block those feelings out. I dunno, rednecks aren't supposed to be introspective.

Kristi said...

Ahhh Yes!
Big Fish?!?

Big Huge tears

Kristi said...

Hey James!!!

Anonymous said...

ohhh good movie, definately a tear jerker! I am the same way I don't cry but certain movies will do it. Try the notebook that movie is wonderful!!!

Hugs to you!! ~B

Anonymous said...

Have a ball & bawl!