Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Little Voice

My sweet girl. At school. Its lunch time.
As you might re-call her best and only friend moved away during the summer.
I'm working. My cell rings. I look at the number....its the school.
I'm of course thinking~CRAP!!!!
there it is. Her little voice.
"mumby. Its lunch time and I don't have anyone to play with"

Did you hear that?
Yes. It was the sound of my heart breaking just a little bit more. I'm in my car running errands for my job I could just go to her. Its not like its far. She feels dumb. She's just walking around all alone.
so i think about it a minute......she needs to work thru this. Find her place.
I can't go to her. The kids will really make fun of her then.
so i say to her lets just talk about your morning and I'll stay on the phone with you till the bell rings. Maybe you'll feel better about it in a second or 2.

(Besides the part where I am on a timeline and on the clock. But I don't tell her that part. Frig i got all kinds of driving around to do!)

she agrees. That will be okay.
We talked till the monitors told her to hurry up.
I asked her if she would be okay.
She said yes.
"Thanks Mumby. I love You"
'oh sweetie. i love you too.'

Poor little thing!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh man, sometimes being a kid just sucks!!

I'm sure this year will bring her new friends!!

jewels said...

You did the right thing!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't they have a "buddy" system at her school? We do here in N.Z. They get teamed up with a classmate to look after them during break time and the pair usually end up becoming real good friends. Maybe ask her teacher if he/she could do something like that for her?

Kristi said...

there is a buddy system...but its only the second day so its not in place yet. I'm not sure how it works either.
Poor little thing.
I hope today is better!

shari said...

You did good, to talk her thru it but leave her a chance to work thru it on her own. She will be okay, eventually. She will find someone new to play with.
Tough call, Mom. But I think you made the right one!!

Kristi said...

NO little voice calls today!

So i am happy.
she says she had a good day!
YaY!!!

Its good to be able to work and not worry. Tahn it was her first lessen for piano right after.
All's well in her world.