Saturday, September 30, 2006

Work

Well. I did it. I told my boss that I had a new job.
I found out yesterday that my new boss wants me to go for training early tuesday morning on the computers.
than i think my first shift will be Friday of next week.

The reason i say i think is becuase the restaurant is brand new and not even open yet.
He's waiting for all the city inspectors to pass him.
He may not pass and then not be open till the following week!
so i haven't known what to say to my boss.
There aren't any jobs in the next couple weeks anyhow. so I don't know what I was giving my notice to!
I know terrible.
but I covered all the parties for next week.
I'm working the one wednesday night.
Then when i told him he opened his book and there were jobs in there for thursday and Saturday now too!
Aaaaaaahhhh!
I am unavailable Thursdays anyhow cause Charley has piano.
so now I will search for a sitter for Saturday and keep my word to him.
I just can't keep working these nights. Especially during the week. I just don't have people to watch Charlotte. When the girl is here its fine, but she has to work too as she is paying her own way thru life......
she's only here once or twice during the week.

I feel soooo bad.

So my new job is in a restaurant.
mon-fri....9:30-5:30 every day except Thursdays when i'm off at 2:30 to pick up Charlotte from school and get her to piano.
Wage is good. Benefits to come. Expansion of the business too. Lots of room to move up and retire eventually.
its very promising as long as it all works out.
Restuarants of course are a hard business to make fly.
hopefully though it all goes well cause this would have a very promising future for Charley and I.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the very best of luck with the new job. I hope you really find your feet and enjoy it heaps.

James Goudie said...

its nice to hear things quieting down some. I'm praying for ya

jewels said...

you know we will be in to give you a hard time!

Kristi said...

you know.......I think my feet might actually almost be close to touching the ground! If you can believe it.
i've been floating for so long now
Just gotta keep everything level.
Stress and anxiety get back!
I will be fine.
A little more tweaking and I will be totally fine!!
thank you for the prayers. I appreciate it.
No hard times. I don't want to see the edge again. Its a scary crevisse that I really don't want to fall into again.
I mean-Damn-I'm barely out of it!

Anonymous said...

You deserve this to work out. Put the bad behind you.