Thursday, October 12, 2006

Candle

I am trying to find candle stick holders as part of the project i am working on. I can't find any!
unless they are glass, crystal, or stand at least a foot off the table!
Most everything is designed for tealights, votives, or pillars.
What the Hell!
I just want candle holders. Pewter, iron. Just not a foot off the friggin table!!
I've been to the fancy candle shop in the mall.
The Bay, Sears, 2 dollar stores, Pier 1, Home Sense, Home Outfitters, Zellers, 2 Antique Stores, a Pawn shop, Wal-Mart, my Meta-physical store, the Bead shop, London Drugs, Rexall Drugs, IGA..........
What The Hell I can't find what I want!
It shouldn't be so hard.
They used to be everytwhere
Frig. I'll go to the big mall I used to work in tomorrow.
Can you Believe it? Holy Carp!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Have you tried Value Village? I just remember lots of them when I worked there.

I always find when I'm looking for something specific I can never find it. When I finally do I start seeing them everywhere. It's very annoying.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I hear you
it is so freaking frustrating especially when you ask a clerk and they cant even come close to what you are asking for
I spent a whole day looking for these cool fondue strainers and every kitchen store I went into they looked at you like you had 3 heads
what the hell are these stores good for

Kristi said...

VALUE VILLAGE!!!!

Yes! I will try there today!

the candle specialty store mostly sells those oil insert candle type things.
Another interesting fact that I noticed while wandering thru every candle section in town......
Hardly any tapers are on sale anymore.
next time you are out shopping take a look.

Anonymous said...

If everything/everywhere else fails, try EBAY.

Kristi said...

Valu Village was a bust.

MCC...more antique and second hand stores. Talked to a woman in the Bay....she agreed. Not so many anymore.
mostly candlebra type stuff for tapers now.

What The Hell!!

Chris said...

Have you tried...really I have no idea. Sorry.