Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hallo?

So he gives me a title yet I have NO responsibilty.
Can't use the skills I have that work.
Yesterday I caught shit for checking out the Lunch SAles. Apparently its none of my business and i could only possibly be doing it for personal gain.
WTF!!!!
Seriously. Can you get a little more paranoid? How many cameras are in the joint now? better be careful, there could be mics too! FFFFF! Then as soon as the girlfriend gets there his mood just goes down hill. Its the same every day. Frig. Never work directly with your Spouse. The sooner she is out of there the better!
Fine.
I handed him all the opinions you guys had for what makes you go to a restuarant.
I handed him the colouring sheets i had that I was going to photo-copy. I handed him the new kids menu I was going to get laminated. Grabbed my CD's Last week when we had the other blow-out.
I said to him.....seriously. This place Never would have gotten up and running if I hadn't done as much as I have!
We would have gotten to it. Was his answer.
Okay.....Wow!
I guess I should go take back all the drink menu's. They can put it together and do all the research for the recipes and what-not.
Guess I'll get all the burgers off the menu too and the sandwiches that people love, the Quesdilla.
WEll and I better take back my kids menu too!
How bout I just wander in with Mountain and take the decor that I've contributed.
the Shelving in the back
Oh but wait! That would leave him with blinds and 2 palm trees.
Fucker.....would have gotten to it. Please!
He is so unfocused on the restaurant right now its not even funny.
The girlfriend does not help. She just encourages him cause she doens't have a clue.
He's working on getting the coffee shop up, the patio, soups, gift cards, home-made bread.......
yet we still need a Hostess stand, a wall between the lounge and the rest of the restaurant, a half wall at the back to separate guests from the bar. Proper stands for the palms instead of milk-crates. More interesting things on the walls. He has perfectly good chalkboard in the back.....well I own't even get into that. Decore I can contirbute to, but I can't build.
It all takes money he says. Well yah. I know! Then how is it you can afford to thin youself out on these other projects.
Focus on one thing at a time!!!
Finish one project and see it succeed before you start another.
I've said enough and aS usual I am the only voice. So now He doens't listen. So I am done doing. WEnt down this road already.
I will stick around and as Mountain says just serve. Don't help anymore. No more ideas. No more extra's. I will do it his way, cause as he has pointed out, its not my name on the side of the building.
have I thought of leaving?
Oh yes. But seriously where will I get straight days 30hrs a week and at that wage???
Its really not a bad place to work. We are just not agreeing. Well and he has loopy ideas about things. I'm supposed to be in charge of the floor, but...........
I don't hire
Don't schedule
can't serve my way
big brother is always watching
I have a manager card that apparently I can't use
I guess I am just disappointed. Like as Mountain says....he made me promises that he is just not keeping. Gave me expectations.
So I treat it just as a job I guess and wait for the Paranoid Fuck to get it together and relax. And then live up to his end of the deal. Cause really.......I LOve My Job!!! no that is not sarcasm. I truly Love it!!

Meanwhile.....
if you do go in. Write him a letter about your experience there. No Really. I know the food won't be bad. But if girlfriend serves you the service could be slow and he needs to hear it cause its causing issues all around. And we really need a few more decor type things just to pull it together and finish it.
So whatever. Maybe you love it! Write him that too. Compliments are never a bad thing. Everyone needs an ego boost once in awhile.

So there I vented.
I feel much better!

Blog On Dudes!!

6 comments:

Family Of Five said...

Perhaps you and Mountain should move to a small town and open a cafe of your own! :)

steph said...

hmm...Yep I thought this might happen. You give to much to fast and people that don't know youwell think you are taking over. This is his dream, yours too, but this one is his. Step back and let him live it. He'll have to ask for help when he falls, he's never served so y'know that'll happen.

Kristi said...

Oh so True Steph!

yes I have pulled back. Waaaay Back. I don't tell him how to plate his food so its frustrating when he tells me how to serve.
I don't want my own Cafe FoF. Who would make the dishes?
My only strength is the floor.
but it was a nice suggestion

jewels said...

i agree with Steph - and this situation sounds ALL too familiar. watch out - or he will use you like you were used before!

Kristi said...

yup.
thats me all or nothing.

the middle ground is really a tough place for me to walk.

but i will sure give it my best! Cause that place sure is growing on me and I do love it!

Winnie said...

Mountain is right ..you need to take your heart out and ...just work there...

For him ..I say...Prima Fuckin..Donna
Big Talker Betty Crocker....
Chump Change..
He knows nothing...we all now nothing..
OH AND..THEIR IS NO "I" IN TEAM DAMN IT!!!!