Wednesday, May 02, 2007

is it PMS?

My boss is making me nuts right now.

We are getting busier. We have No staff. I say get a Hostess. He says no. He wants more servers. Great! But no good ones are applying. so get a Hostess!
He wants people sat down right away yet when its busy the tables are dirty. It puts you more steps behind when you stop before you are ready to clean a table. than once they are sitting they expect service right away.
Well Frig!!!
it doens't always happen like that!
He doesn't seem or appear to understand how the front of the house works at all. And we are butting heads. I have stepped back. Cause in the end he is 'My Boss'
He let a girl go last week over the phone!
I was so pissed. I mean he very good reason to let her go. Stealing is just not tolerated. However....over the phone?
Anyhow....i am just venting.
i still love my job and it loves me. I'm just irritated at the moment.I guess cause I'm ready to take it on. I know I can do a better job at staffing and scheduling than he can. If there's anything I do know its service and how the front of the house works. While still keeping labour costs down.
I just wish he would trust me faster in that area.
I'm being impatient. Must chillax! It'll come in time.
I am just worried that business will suffer in the meantime cause guests aren't getting tended to.
*sigh*
maybe I'll write a faux letter........

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

need servers?

jewels said...

want me to write one? ha ha ha!

Shanna said...

Bosses are supposed to make you nuts! That is why they exist - to butt heads with! hehe

Kristi said...

yes we are looking for part-time Servers.

Unknown said...

hmm

jewels said...

B - you have a good job don't ya?

jewels said...

I hear Madisons is hiring!

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Kristi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Yes they are! Looking for a restuarant Manager even.

Yes we need a couple part timers to fill in a couple hours here and there.

jewels said...

a manager again? what is that? like #10?

steph said...

#10 in the last 10 minutes...

Kristi said...

I've just been hard to replace what can I say....LoL

Winnie said...

Yes they are supposed to drive you nuts...I've worked with Chefs and ...Dentists..they all have a Super Star syndrome..
and holy shit I've picked some good one's to work with..
At least they were all older than me...
Trouble is , you know more than Boss man does!!!!

Kristi said...

Yes.

WEll it has become most obvious i know much much more than he when it comes to the front of the house, hiring, firing, Scheduling and being organized.
However....I can't hold a candle to what he knows about the back.
so we're even.
But I am starting to have terrible flash-backs of working with Ray and him just not working with me. My success's his tear dwons.
i just hope this doens't turn out the same.
I think its just old fears creeping about.
The wounds are fully healed yet I guess. Maybe I still need more time.......
Frig!
i just want to be better!!!

Anonymous said...

Does the restaurant have a suggestion box ... fill it in if so.

Unknown said...

Kristi you are only a mere woman and unfortunately dont have a penis
you should have learned that working for ray

:)

Kristi said...

damn!

I'll pick up a penis Tonight!