Sunday, May 13, 2007

Just Standing There

All I can do is jsut stand there and watch.
I am an ear.
I am a friend.
This is soo hard. It was not more than a Year ago I was going thru my own hurrendous emotional pain. I remember it vry, very well. I am a pro as a mtter of fact.
I look where I am now.
Mountain. We are together. We are on the same page and heading down the same road.
Together.
I am secure in my relationship and so is he.
I still get scared everytime a new closeness is revealed. When he gets annoyed by me or I get annoyed by him, its there in the back of my mind. That fear of rejection. Then I soon realize he is not rejecting me. We are okay.
WE have both been there before. WE are together becasaue we want to be. Not out of default.

So I watch as a family unravels. They go their separate ways. Knowing there is nothing I can do. they have to ride this one out on their own. All I can do is keep her safe. Be an ear when she needs it. HOld her when she needs to cry and listen when she needs to yell. Give her advice when she's ready to hear it.

There is a silver lining for everything. I do truly hope to help her find it. I still believe its workable. there's just some past that needs to be worked out.
I will take my place along the wall and stand there till its time.

6 comments:

Family Of Five said...

You are a good friend! :)

Winnie said...

I was just going to say that too!
So I will.
You are a good friend.

Kristi said...

am I?

I don't know. I said little things here and there. Maybe my voice should have been louder. More forceful. But then again maybe it was my voice that planted the seed..........
All I know now is I have to watch while another of my good girlfriends marriages falls apart. And it sucks!!
I am grateful for Mountain to lean on.
I hope I can be what she needs/.

Family Of Five said...

Yes!!! Those who are your true good friends are the ones who come out of a hardship on the other side with you! You too will learn from it, realize mistakes you don't want to make in your relationship.... it sucks but it's kind of how life works. We see others in pain to realize how much we appreciate what we have got. We take our health for granted till we are faced with sickness or see someone else go through it. You are a good friend for listening, for being there!

Michelle said...

Yep....I agree with the others....you are a good friend. So much you may want to say, but to just wait and be there when your friend needs you....that's the best thing. No matter how loud your voice is...right now I highly doubt it would be heard. :(

Chris said...

It is easy to question yourself, but that is always a tough situation and often they are no easy answers.