Sunday, June 17, 2007

I am Sooo Wet

Yup. that was me!
That was us.
camping.
WoW!
I spent Friday at sports-day Hootin and a Hollering for ...."go Queen! Come on Ott! Run Lottie Run!! Go Charlotte; Go Charlotte; Go Go; Go Charlotte!" while all her teammates cheered on some kid named Charley.....................

It misted on us but it was good. Yes thats right I stayed out in the rain. Got wet out ther eI did. Even my hair. Went for a very nice afternoon tea with Charlottes daycare Lady. got to know each other on a different level. It was pretty cool. Especially since i have created an unfolding in my own house. something i will get into later involving Nanny Girl.
Mountain arrived about 4:30 or so and damn it we ARE taking all that wood!
I went pee and checked the locks of the house.

WE got there and set up. I the tent. Charley the beds Mountain the tarp and the fire. All good.
we went for a wonderful walk to the lake.
I questioned myself the whole time on ....did my feet grow....why do these shoes suck so badly,....I really should have worn my other ones?

We sat by the wonderfully warm fire that Mountain built. Marshmellows were consumed it was a good time. The Queen went to bed. Mountain and I sat up.
it was nice. His quitting had taken the 2 day backseat once again. thats okay. Its hard, I know. He kills himself over it more than I ever could. And........its not my place. Its his demon to battle. When he needs me to hold his hand I do. Guilt and blame have no place here.
I got tired just thinkjing about how early Charlotte was gonna wake up.
We went to bed.
The rain started.
It rained all night.
We woke to rain.
Charlotte was awake by 7AM. Mountain was up and out of his bag making fire!
All of a sudden our roles fell into place.
DAmn it!
I had to get up and cook!
I know. What The Hell! When we had spoken of camping....there was mention of disapointment when I said if it doesn't come in a bag, box, or add water I don';t bring it.
Well i got weak. Its his first trip with us. Gotta be sensitive. So yah. I packed eggs, bacon and hashbrowns. I Know! What The Hell!!!
Frig. It was all happening so fast. There was fire. There was rain. I hadn't had enough coffee or washed my face. But yet, somehow, i felt it was time to make breakfast. Obviously the clean air was hurting me.
So i hooked up the propane to the stove deal. i know it made noise i hadn't really heard before. But the coffee.....the nights sleep hadn't kicked in yet.
i lit the match..........
Flames and fire everywhere.
i officially don't have any eyebrows out of place or hair on my knuckles. My eyelashes found protectiopn under the night befores mascara

Well it is late.
i am tired.
too much adrenilin for one night

blog on dudes

3 comments:

Shanna said...

He let you near propane!!??? Is he insane! hehehe...

Well I am sad to hear that it was so wet for you out there. That rain put a serious damper on all of our weekend plans as well. Hope you still had fun though :)

Winnie said...

Sounds like a perfect camping trip

Stephen said...

i've done that!