Monday, September 17, 2007

Huh

Its wierd to look at the next few months in a series of weekends isn't it

But thats how I see it. Not as if I can do much in the evenings after work. More than I could when I worked for the Phone people, but still not much.

so we had this cook at work.
He started with up as an apprentice way back in April. He was a dink.
Whatever. He'd ask me for a drink in the middle of lunch. He would come peak out the front curtains and interupt me with customers.
He'd muscle his way into conversations I'd be having with my front staff. He'd attempt to take control of the kitchen. Not only was he not good at his job anyhow.....but it was certainly not his place to do so. When Boss Mitch would be gone he would treat Circle-Skirt like shit. He would purposely take longer plating my dishes. He would talk to me and others in a very demeaning abusive way. Oh my goodness; the dish area. I don't know why he felt he owned it....but he did. the list could go on.
He and I did Not get along.
Cause of course I wouldn't let him treat me like that.
So he stopped making my lunch food when I would order it till he felt like it.
We were moving and going thru all that stuff at the same time.
I was of course so excited about my move why wouldn't he be excited about his!
So back in the beginning of August end of July, when we were still speaking when he was having good days.....I bounced into the kitchen and asked him if he'd gotten the keys to his New place yet. How exciting it all is Don't ya think? No answer. So I thought ok. I guess today isn't a good day and started to walk past him out of the kitchen. He turns looks at me and snaps back. 'does it matter!'
Wow! No I guess it doesn't.
That was it. I resigned myself to just do my job and not talk to him about anyhting personal Ever again.
It was uncomfortable at work cause you just never knew how he was gonna be that day. Mitch has been frantically trying to hire more kitchen staff cause he could see the problems this guy was creating. But staff is hard to come by.
I mean. I don't always agree with the things Boss M does, and he is young and all. but he has Never been verbally abusive to me or any of the staff! He is not an all out Dink!
When he first started I only had to endure a couple hours over lunch with him cuz of course I had the Circle-Skirt for the day. She was great and we got along famously. than she left for one of the reasons being Dink Kyle.
WEll it got to the point that when BM would go get stuff done in the afternoons He would take forever just even making my food let alone I would watch him as he would plate it and do 1 thing at a time and.........Grrrrrr.
He put his 2 weeks in! YaY!!
HIs last day was supposed to be this Friday coming.
But since he is such an absolute Dink.......
He stopped calling me for my food last week. So that means I wouldn't be out on the floor for a busy lunch and have to keep going back to check if my food was up.
we only had 3 days together last week. How hard could that be Guy?!!! WE don't have to like each other, but just do your job!
He wasn't so much down with that.
By Friday.....it was a fucking nightmare!
I had a simple lunch dish take 35 minutes!!!
He refused to make alfredo sauce. We have a new woman back there. She started a couple weeks ago. She wasn't putting up with any of his shit. Voices are being raised. I am cringing out front knowing there is not a damn thing I could do. She is pissed with his attitude and won't put up with it as he orders her around. She calls him an Asshole!
When I did go back he asked me for a glass of water. I said to him i see you are plating my food I'll get it for you after your done. He stops what he is doing and refuses to do anymore till he gets his glass of water from me. I turn and look at my girl standing behind me, she starts to go get it for him. He bellows out, No I want it from Her!!!
I tell you......it took all the strenght I had to not say anything and not throw it in his face.
He looks at me again and says ca't you see I'm cooking here?!!
I answer back.....No. That would be the problem. You appear to not be doing anything!
Mitch was out picking stuff up and getting banking done.
I made a second call to him. You need to be here now. I am sorry. but its gotten really, really bad.
The kitchen had pretty much come to a halt.
My tummy is so sick by this time.......
I am seriously aftraid to even be in the kitchen now cause I believe he is going to hurl a knife at me. The day before, i was behind him and said 'behind' as we do and like your supposed to, he moved back on purpose, and stepped on me! And get this. I was the one that said sorry!!!
So BM gets back. He's not even been gone an hour.
Dink Kyle walks out!
But not before blaming me for Everything.
I had stayed out the kitchen as much as possible so it wasn't till he left that I hear new Lady cook telling BM that Kyle was outside 3 times! A bill would come in and instead of getting started on it he would walk out the back door! So she would get it started and he would come in, shove her out of the way and take it off the heat whatever it was.
He wouldn;'t let her plate any of the orders or make them! Just to set up the plate with garnish!!!
(This was all confirmed by the camera's later in the afternoon)

So BM called him and said don't come back. A walk-out constitutes resignation. He left it on a message cuz of course Dink Kyle was not picking up his phone.
so it was nice for BM cuz he didn't even have to be the bad guy. He was just following procedures then and Kyle did it to himself.
Guess who showed up at 5 to start the dinner.....Dink Kyle!
Funny thing about that is that he wasn't even on a split!
He'd gotten the message.....jsut had to come and be in evryones face cuz thats the kind of special guy he is

Boss DAnielle went and got all my stuff for me and i snuck out the front door. Cause yes, it is that bad.
Yes bad enough that I feel the need to watch over my shoulder when I walk to work. Bad enough that I wouldn't put it past him to hit me with his truck.
No he has never said anything to the effect. I would have been on the Uttering Threats road right away!
But bad enough that my employers are concerned as well.

Anyhow.....there is more to this story. But I need to get my ass in gear to work!

And where did he give his notice to be going to you ask???

Earls here in town.

A guy that only sees the ME in TEAM is going to a place that is all about ALL the letters.

I do hope the best for him and that he learned from this. But BM doubts it.

3 comments:

TK said...

Earls? Earls?

is tat the one just down the street from your old placed, or out behind clayburn on the road that goes north to the next town? My second favorite servers worked at the place down the street from you! I hope this is not the case! They don't deserve this creep any more than you did

Kristi said...

no no you were at White Spot.

earls is the one on the otherside of the Mall parking lot

Winnie said...

holy fucking shit sherlock
!!!!!!!!!!!
AND no I'M not going back to work on the line......
Well he will just burn bridges...and no reference call?
maybe you should inform Earls