Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oldhouse troubles

My old land people are gving me a little hassle.
what was it? something like 4 weeks I was packed and out of that place! I will say it was cleaner than when I moved in.
I left my washer behind, a vacuum, a behind the toilet shelf in the basement, a carpet in the basement, the fence, most of the big plants in my garden and a swing=set.
The land-inlaws have called to tell me I have to remove the swingset.
I got the call this weekend.
Last week it was all the stuff that was still in the carport. I called my Father-in-law right away and we removed it the next day....last Tuesday. Not a problem. i forsaw that problem and already had made arrangements before Mountain left.

I told her I am sorry, but I am not removing it. I have no plans to remove it. i told the realtor it was staying and if that was a problem I should have been notified a month ago. The new owners will get to keep it! she told me I Have to remove it.
No I am sorry. I've been gone from there for weeks now. Not my responsiblity since the first of Sept. I should have been told about this last week shen she called about the other stuff. I am not removing it!

You know.....when we went back to clean the place and Tobi came to help. That being my last day with my friend before she went back to Montreal-Mountain even cut the front and the back lawn so we left it looking neat and tidy.
I steamcleaned the carpets myself!
pulled out all the appliances and scrubbed underneath them (something that was NEVER done when I moved in) Charlotte washed windows....not very well....but at least she did it.
It wasn't Kristi clean....but it was ok.
Now she has said nothing about the broken blind in the master bedroom or the livingroom. But she will complain about the swing-set.
So I told her maybe while I'm at it I'll take the fence out too! (yes it was a childish comment)
silence.
The fence is mine as well, but I don't see you complaining about that!
(Maybe I'll take out the new faucets in the bathroom and all the fixtures upstairs.)
So no, I have not gotten my damage deposit back yet and now i just don't know if I will. Quite frankly I am tired of continually going back there on the days I have time!
I have a new home I am trying to put togheter.
The old owners left stuff here that I had to deal with! Frig!
I didn't leave a carport or house full of crap like she did on the other side. I didhn't leave big holes in the garden from where I dug stuff up. I repainted in the house where it needed it. I replaced other broken blinds over the 5 years I was there. I replaced the taps in the bathroom and fixed the toilet umpteen times.
Lets not forget when I had to change ALL my banking information because the landpeople got broken into and it was on my bill that I had to do it. Or that the roof leaked all over my computer and my books and there was damage done.
But I do remember that Charley and I had a home for 5 years with a yard for her to play in and a Big house for very cheap.
So I will say nothing about the damage deposit and just hope for the best. If I get it back Great! CAuse I could sure use that money. If I don't......Oh well.
It was 5 years lost ago. so its not like I am missing it now. And if they do have to remove the swing-set that does suck and I feel bad for them. Cause thats why I am not doing it! So I guess 3oobux for the house that Charlotte got to grow up in isn't so bad.
We are on to the next phase of our lives.
I jsut want to say goodbye to that one and not have it call me anymore.
Forward March!

1 comment:

jewels said...

of course you should get your damage deposit back - dont roll over on that - its $$$!