Monday, September 03, 2007

Oh My Head

Shortly after 2 my first beer was consumed.
my mom showed up.
than another beer.
than I switched to wine.
It gets to be a bit blurry with faces and people in and out. Some pulling up a chair while others just came through to check out the new digs.
I sucked my wine back real fast cause Miss Karen brought this really cool Pink Bubbly and I had to try it.........it got very spotty then.
I know we ate.
There was cake.
My neice throwing up and spending the night.
I sat on my kitchen floor for awhile with chips and dip admiring MY house. Just taking it all in. Mine. I bought it and everything in it. By myself! the furniture I bought 10 years ago. Brand new. A few grande saved and spent. The kitchen furniture that was my grandparents........I stripped and sanded and loved till it was re-finished the gorgeous natural wood it is. Maple I think or maybe Pine.
outside....this yard that I have already sweated in and made a mark that says "Kristi lives here"
This is mine. My house. And Nobody can tell me to leave!

However....today.....most nauteous and not feeling altogether the best.
It is entirely possible I had WAAAAY to much grown-up drinks last night. So today.....we did NOTHING!
how great is that?
I didn't pack or unpack, move furniture, stack things on top of things, dig, drive, pick-up stuff. I didn't spend any money. Cut grass, sweep, wash walls.....that has been my summer folks.
Today.
Mountain and I spent the afternoon lying down. Drifting in and out of sleep. Talking about nothing. Looking thru catalogues. Watching the fish in the pond.
Now that is the way a day off should be spent!
Too bad I don't have a door

Thanks to all my friends that came.
they know me so well. Perfect!

Blog on Dudes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still a drunk!

Anonymous said...

How rude! Why not give a name to yourself anonymous!!!?
Miss K

Winnie said...

must be a poor hopeless male to comment like that???
Or some one with no real friends and to fucking uptight to have some fun of their own...yah most of the world has a preverbial monkey on their back!!!!

Anonymous said...

You earned it Kristi ... well done and that recovery day after sounds about perfect. Good for you guys.

Kristi said...

thanks ladies.

Its a woman. I;'ve revealed her before.

Yes Aggs it was the most wonerful day. Best day to end my vacation too!
Mountain leaves in less than a week for England. *sigh*