Saturday, November 17, 2007

Not all Street People are the Same

Its early this year, but thousands turned out for the Tree lighting in old downtown.
I bumped into piles of people I know and Charlotte got the pleasure of being shown off.
I hate when my mind goes blank with the names. My old age you know. People I've talked to for years and all of a sudden i don't even have it on the tip of my tongue!
I did get the pleasure of introducing her to my favorite bums!
and they really are my favorite.
Henry and Brian.
They are live in a couple of the homes in town.
Henry has some ticks and depression
Brian is bi-polar. He takes a couple lithium and adivan a day among a bunch of other meds. Holy Shit!
anyhow. they are sweet and so very harmless. Look scary more than anything.
You've probably seen them about town.
walking behind one another. Brian has lots of bleached out hair crawling out from underneath a hat. Wears glasses and usually can be seen with his earphones full of music over his ears. Henry is older and shuffles his feet along. He is so pleased cause he just got a haircut and his beard trimmed.
They dress dirty and soemtiems they smell, but they are genuine.
They don't steal and I couldn't imagine they ever would.
They were so happy to meet Charlotte and I was more than happy to introduce her!

1 comment: