Monday, February 18, 2008

L.A.X.

We tried the new place on Saturday night!

No we didn't eat.

lets see.....
its a new owner and the decor has changed, but the ghost of horrible service is still alive and well!
The walls are Stark, primer white. They put in nice fans to replace the old very bad ones. The trim has all been painted burgandy red. there are black sheers tied back on the windows. The chairs have all been painted and recovered. Thank goodness. they look marvelous! Burgandy tablecloths and black napkins. Nice. Bar has been re-done. Very nice. RJ's can now be seen from the front, looked nice what they'd done. As a matter of fact you can see clear across to the other side of the restuarant as there is Nothing to obstruct your view. Be careful not to talk too loud though everyone can hear you. When were they going to turn the music up and the lights down? The beautiful wood floor, that I understand they sanded.....they have covered with red indoor-outdoor carpeting.
Whatever. The girls, or whomever better keep up on the vaccuming. Everything white glows like the walls do.
Overall.....I didn't like ...
we would have stayed for dinner, but it took upwards to 15 minutes before we got our drinks. The menu was disapointing. I would have managed, but Mountain was done and very far from impressed. so we went to the Old Spaghetti FActory!
I would never order what I ordered again. Veal parmesan.....but the SErvice was spectacular. Rebecca took exceptional care of us. she was bubbly and friendly and fast.
We plan to take the girls there.
Mountain has no plan to go back to LAX. I would like to try it again in awhile. I'm sure they will iron out the bugs. It takes awhile when you open a new place. The only reason I would go back is cause that place has a place in my heart. Otherwise I would be on the same page as Mountain.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the white
I suppose mostly cause it looks so clean
we have been there twice and found the service fine and been to OSF and found it lacking and there is just something about their sauce that I have never liked
it makes you realize that every restaurant sucks and impresses at different times
IMO servers are getting gradually worse--obviously not us--but as a whole I find it amazing what impresses me now

Kristi said...

the FActory food didn't impress us either. but I really liked my server.
i don't go to a lot of chain type restaurants. i don't like kids and there is always a kid there when I'm there to muck it up! so we will tAke the girls. Theres icecream. They will enjoy it.
I guess the "designer" they hired to help with the decor said white. So thts what they did.

steph said...

oh! I am curious now! I will have to do a lunch meeting or something there.

Kristi said...

yah go Steph!

I loved what they did with the chairs and RJ's! It looked awesome

jewels said...

i DETEST the old SF! It is CANNED SAUCE - I know it!

Anonymous said...

Sounded like an interesting look see anyway.

steph said...

I love osf! Not on a date but with kids it is awesome and cheap!