Friday, April 25, 2008

my 90 year old Nana

this is what I know........

Nana went to bed Wednesday night and woke up on the floor Thursday morning. The firefighters; this part i don't understand. They live in VERY expensive assisted living. Why are there firefighters? There are trained nurses there and emergency call buttons all over the suite.....Anyhow, the firefighters came and put her back into bed. Grandad then called my dad and my uncle. They rushed over and called the ambulance that came and took Nana away.
Seems the bed was very wet, so they suspect she peed herself in the night. Nana was, like my mom said, in LaLa land.
I heard from mom last night. Nana has had a stroke. She is Not concious. She will hopefully have a room today. She squeezes moms hand when mom is talking and her eyelids flutter, but its so random its hard to know if she is responding to you or whatever is going on in her head. Mom says it doens't look good.
My mom has already buried 2 parents and has done this, so if she says it doesn't look good.........

Grandad is ok. He is scared and he misses her but he is ok. Grandad is 95.
Charlotte is terribly upset by all of this. She slept with me last night.
I am going to try to get off early today so i can go to the hospital.
I sent nana a postcard on Monday cause its hard to call. She is very deaf and has been really out of it the last while. So I hope she got it. Charley had done a card for her and we mailed that off last month.

She is 90. So this is okay. but if she's going to go she just needs to do it!
don't linger. Don't put yourself thru pain. She's been waiting to die for awhile now. We will all be sad and miss her. Especially Charley.

So now that my head is out of my Ass....this was just the little jolt i needed to get out of my funk

blog on
this was taken in February on their 65th wedding anniversary

3 comments:

steph said...

I am so sorry and insanely freaked out that this happened to both of us this close together. Much love to our little charley, she takes it so hard. We should try and put the peas together, he is havin a rough time with this too!

Kristi said...

massive stroke
HuGE bleed

24hours to live was given this afternoon.

Grandad is a mess
we are all teary
I spent an hour and a half there tonight saying goodbye.
one of Charlottes second names is after her

Brother and Cousin Jeff are en route to the coast with their families

i am home with mine......waiting

Family Of Five said...

I am so sorry!! I know how difficult it is to go through. Their age doesn't make it any easier. Hugs to you and your family, you are all in my thoughts.