Saturday, April 26, 2008

what do i do?

do i go back to mom's?
do I continue with my SAturday work - plans?
do I call and find out if she is still with us?
Why was I suddenly awake at 2:25AM? Is that when she passed......

Nana was peaceful when I was with her yesterday. They had left her pearl earrings in and her pearl necklace on.
Still a lady even while dying!
I spent 45 minutes alone with her. Mom & Dad took grandad and The Queen back to their house. I stayed till my Aunt and Uncle got there. I didn't want her to be alone......
Grandad just can't believe this is happening.
He doens't understand any of it. "it happened to sudden"
"maybe she'll recover"
"what am I going to do with all her things in the apartment"
"good thing I have a big family"
My dad went and spent the night there last night.

There was a funny moment at the hospital. Some of it you wouldn't understand if you have not met my family. My dad suddenly noticing that the front steering tires on Grandad's wheelchair are flat.
Whipping poor grandad out of his chair to sit in another. Virtually pulling the chair out from under him. I was holding him up. Good thing he's 95 and not all that heavy. Dad pulling out the pump that magically came out of the wheelchair itself...out of some hidy hole. Dad complaining the whole time about .... no wonder its been so hard to push...ect. ect. the pump not doing any good, but dad keeps trying. And complaining about that...."this is No DAmn Good!"
"look at them! They're flat! Completly flat! i bet the tubes are no more good. Dad can;t go in this chair."
my mom....."well you've been pushing him on flat tires this long...."
dad............."they're flatter now! I released the last of the air when i tried to pump it up!"
my mom...."well you could carry your dad out on your back"
me............."Maybe there is a pump here in the hospital somewhere you could borrow"
dad...........*sigh*"No Kristi"
Sister........"yah, cuz non of the tires here ever go flat"

My sister did tape it with her phone....it went on for quite some time...don't know how much of it she got.

At home dad had a lot to say about the Bloody dog and her dirty feet making the stairs to the upstairs dirty. "well we'll have to get that cleaned. I don't have time for that. Damn Bloody dog!" Everyhting is said with such anxiety and AAAAHHHHH. Like its the end of the world.
BTW - its not the dogs fault. first of all its not really a dog. Its a poodle. Second....my parents were the idiots that decided nearly white carpet all over the upstairs was the best idea ever. Third....I'm willing to bet it was dad's dirty feet!

Anyhow....we did laugh. Poor dad.
It is his mom that is passing away. Can't be easy. I know I dread the day I have to bury my parents. And Mountains parents are already in their 70's. He won't even entertain the thought of talking about what we are going to do. What plan? Is there a plan? he comes from meagher background. so there's no money for a home for them.......
i think about my own.......
boy i hope Charlotte gets a good job.

okay I gotta go phone my mom.

Enjoy the Sunny day All

1 comment:

shari said...

I love you guys!! Things just won't be quite the same without Nana around.