Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who Doesn't Love a Deal?

I walked in on a whim
Charlotte was at Piano
its a crummy old second hand store just around the corner from the Sound of Music and just down the block from my Restuarant.
And there it was.
A chest of drawers 8 drawers, no 11! Real wood! A 3 way mirror. The sticker said $269. I opened and closed the drawers. I've been getting real good at doing that after as many vanitys I've looked at over the last few months. they worked good. Mirror was clear. Its second hand. Could use a paint job. But $269.....is that just for the Drawers?
upon further inspection I find another tag. $229 for 5 pieces!
What!
I got the Chest of drawers. The mirror. The bed side table and the Head & foot board...after tax....no more than $260!!!!
Holy carp!
It needs to be sanded and restained. But whatever! Just for a drawer and mirror I've been looking at anywhere from 550 to 1000 and most of the time the cheaper ones haven't been real wood!
this is awesome! So now all Mountain has to do is borrow his dad's truck and find a friend.
What a great Deal!

No comments: