Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Played in Poo Dirt

This is what it looked like the day I took possesion........ Now - This......

WoW. I need another day off. I am tired. Besides the fact that I didn't get ANY of my house chores done. CaRP!

But its done.

The front is done. I had a vision and Mountain went about helping. I laid rock and built walls while he shoveled Poo dirt. Stomped it down, and then shoveled some more. We managed 3 levels. Grass seed is down. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but.....thank goodness for the rain! My right hand muscles are sore from all the rock picking up and placing. Building a 2 or 3 level rock wall is not easy. Who'd a thunk? We managed to use all the materials we already had. Poo Dirt was the only addition. Cool! Didn't cost me anything but that P.D. I got a CAlifornia Lilac planted in the front and a proper Lilac tree/bush in the back.
Those I did pick-up. But the rest.........


I have 2 rose bushes that have to go in. Mom has a Cala Lily, a Fuschia Bush, and Lavendar for me. The one thing I have to remember is spacing. I put a thyme plant in amongst the rocks and some other pretty little thing that I can't remeber the name of. I want to put thyme in between all the rocks on my rock path too.

Foxglove and Hollyhock are calling to me. Oh is that Lupin too!??

So the Lilac in the back is planted in hopes it will grow up in front of the Nieghbors Living room window to provide both of us some privacy. The window is on the side of the house and looks right into, or onto my little spot there. It won't get too tall so that is good. I'll just stay on top of it with the pruning so it actaully looks like a tree not a bush.

So now onto the back yard.
Our sitting space is done....pretty much. Now its onto the patio, pond, shed, Fence, and back stairs. Wowsers! our summer is laid out.
Sweet peas and Sunflowers are coming up nicely.
It'll be nice to show off my yard in a few weeks when some of the ladies come for some girl time, Hanky Panky Party. Forget the sex products! Let me show you my yard!
Mountain and I worked well together. It was so comfortable, so nice. I love building our yard together. I honestly can't believe how good it feels to have a partner. We only snapped at each other a little bit! Grumpy and hot. Charlotte buggin' Life Happens. I spent some time sitting with Charlotte. Our feet in the pond feeling the fish nibble at our toes talking about stuff.
It was a really great long weekend.
Blog On Dudes!

No comments: