Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Camping Trip

Well it was a trip and a half.
Not only did it rain, but it downpoured! I have tarps, and they work fine if its just a light rain. But for what we went through, it was pretty obvious that one of the tarps had seen better days. Nothing like getting rained on underneath your shelter. But we did it! We put up one of the tarps SAturday morning over the table and that worked okay. The next one we put up in a thunder storm next to the fire. My tent has lost its weather-proofing it seems. It had at least 2 inches of water under the mattress. We were drenched. It wasn't the fun filled beach camping weekend that I had hoped. We did decide though that since it seems to reain on us every time, we are just going to invest in rain gear and NEW tarps. if you can't beat 'em join 'em!
As far as Teaghan went.....my anxiety was well spent. She fake cried about once an hour. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. the one time she really should have cried, cuz one of the sticks holding up the tarp fell on her head, she was silent. Also, amazing. Skulls and crossbones on Everything from her hoodie to her running shoes! the Pictures on her black T-shirts glittered up in gold or silver. I just have some strong feelings about little girls dressing like little girls. She cried when she had to brush her hair. She cried when she had to wear it in a pony, she cried when she had to brush her teeth, she cried when she had to put on her shoes, she cried when she had to change her pants......the list goes on.
I don't like her.I tried once to step in. that was the end of that. I am embaressed to be associated with her. I don't want people thinking she's mine. My child does not act like that, dress like that, or present herself like that. On top of it all......she is getting boobs! She will be 8 in November. Now granted its fat casue of course the way her mother feeds her is atrocious (she has all her molars capped) but boobs all the same. Now what about that bikini? Mountain says, well it'll be different. how? When she shows up next year with 34c boobs, how is it going to be different? The fact that she is so attention seeking is not going to help cuase she's gonna get the attention all right. She'll be 10 and looking like a 15 year old! Then what? She hasn't been taught anything. the attention she's going to get from boys she is going to SOAK up caseu thats all she wants is attention.
Charlotte did her best to console her throughout the weekend. i was actaully quite impressed with her skills. But I really don't need this kid bringing mine down with her when she goes. Charlotte feels a connection to her, and thats fine. But I can just see them in the park together. Boys coming around. Teag going off with them and Charlotte staying with her, even though she knows its not a good situation. I am not into it. i raised Charley up to not be THAT kid. To be strong and sure of herself. That child is toxic and now I need to figure out how to limit the time even further that she spends here.
i didn't wreck her and its more than evident I am not allowed to fix her so.......I don't want her around to break my daughter.
but anyhow, i have much cleaning and drying out of everything going on here at this house. There is camping gear spread all across the yard, Laundry piles throughout my house. I will be cleaing up for the next week, while still trying to enjoy whats left of summer!

Blog On Dudes!

6 comments:

steph said...

That is such a slippery slope. She is troubled, if they would let you in... So sad.

jewels said...

it is sad - children do not get to pick their parents - and unfortunately, unless someone makes it their business to help this child, she will become a product of her environment.

Family Of Five said...

She sounds SO much like Lenore!

Kristi said...

i don't like the future I see for her.
unfortunatly I am not wanted in any part of who she is or who she is becoming.
She already is a product of her environment and I sure as hell am going to do my best not to let it affect mine

shari said...

Slippery slope indeed.
You definitely can't change where she comes from, but you definitely can lay down the limits and expectations around your house.
Keeping in mind that whether you like her or not, she is cared about by a couple people you love. And she is a real little girl with real needs and feelings.
I would suggest that instead of sitting back and observing and judging and adding more mortar to your walls with this kid, you should jump right in and use your amazing skills as a role model and care giver to bring at least some positive influence into this little girls' life. You are amazing at connecting and teaching, if you want to be. If anyone could reach into this little girl and help her find her self respect, it would be you. It's a gift you have. Maybe the only one in her life with this gift! just a thought!

Either way, I get your concerns for C. I think you can feel confident though, that you have instilled enough good sense and self respect into C through the years, that Teag will have less influence than you think.

Kristi said...

i am not allowed to use the "gifts"

I'm not allowed to do anything!

I can set down house rules. But I am not allowed to enforce them. Mntn is the only one.

there is a lot of fuel on this fire. More than you could EVER imagine