Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ladies

I had just the best time EVER last night.
there is nothing like a group of bonded girls getting together.  I am still in awe that I am the only true flannel sleeper.   I Love my flannels!  can't imagine sleeping without them.  
I really honestly could have stayed up all night talking.
Mntn and I had words the next morning during brunch. 
I was sooo pissed with him that he wasn't up when I called home at 10AM!  So pissed!.  but then I have to remember. This parenting thing is new to him and Step-parenting even newer.  Charlotte is pretty self sufficient.  I mean its not like she's going to burn the house down if she's alone in the morning.  I jsut don't think its cool to leave your kid to tend to itself so that you can sleep in till after 10 without any adult.  Than he gets annoyed cause she was eating Oreos for Breakfast.  Well No Shit!  She's pulling a kid smooth operator move.  No adult up means she can get away with stuff she wouldn't normally do.  Mountain; dough-head!
So after I talked with him on the way home things were cleared up.  Him knowing, that when he called, I was sitting with my girls made him feel a bit uncomfortable.  He knows damn well fine I talked about it as soon as I hung up with him.
but when i walked in the door I had a very nice welcome.  And then we sat for a long time and I told him all about my evening. (even though we fought all the way thru that counselling session-we really did learn something) And he listened and was interested.  He was genuinely interested!  it was nice to sit,  jsut sit for a while and talk.  We don't do that very often.  Time and freedom not being on our side.
But mom was home and Charley was contented, the cat got the cuddle he needed and then Mntn touched base with me which is all he needed too.  That being the phone call.  I knowing thats all it was and him not.  i thanked him for being there and for being an important cog for my part of last night.  He is learning and so am I.
So much to talk about last night.  So much to still talk about.  We barely scratched the surface I know.  How we all have come to be.  I can't help but giggle that now Steph is not alone in her story of the conversation the first time she met Jewel!
Of course being able to laugh at things in the past.  
EAch of our relationships with one another, so unique.  EAch of you so very valuable to me.  EAch persons experiences to draw on for answers when I need them.  Thank - you.
There will be no deleting here

Blog On Dudes!
but it was nice.

11 comments:

jewels said...

phew - i am so glad i wont be deleted!
((hugs))

Family Of Five said...

LOL! I keep hearing that in my head.... Delete.... delete....

steph said...

So next time at shanna's? The only thing is that is a loooong way for Shelley to go. I am up for my place again if we need to keep it in the middle. April a good month for everyone?

Kristi said...

April is mostly good for me.
there is EAster in there and my parents anniversary.
so maybe the first weekend of April or the first weekend of May??
Shanna's is fine too!
We can always carpool
FoF to you, and then you guys to me.........

jewels said...

the only weekend that is out (besides Easter) is the 17th - that is Jaxson's bday. March?
May I am away in Punta Cana

jewels said...

and hello? I am just as far away to your house.... :)

Kristi said...

another trip? Lucky you!

when in May are you going?

jewels said...

May 2nd - scott's best friend is getting married and he is a groomsmen - it's also close to our 10 year anniversary

Kristi said...

oh Woot! thats awesome!

march is too early.

What about the end of May???? after the long weekend

steph said...

Why is march to early? I forgot about you Jewel you are right about the distance!

Kristi said...

Spring Break