Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Grade 5 Camp

Charlotte just came home today with the notice about the Grade 5 camping trip the school goes on each year in June.
Fabulous experience!  So fun and exciting!  I remember mine.  It was to SAlt Spring Island.  A lifetime ago, but the best trip Ever.  A giant slumber party with my school friends.  and I rmember it being a week.......anyhow

$183

my heart sunk.
I'm already socking my tips away so i can send her to Camp Squeah.
there is the 'finance for families' help.  I do that with summer camp, but not for this.  I won't do it.  Its embaressing.  They know my face.  Its more anon. for summer camp.  Go to the principal?  She knows me, i don't need her to know how broke we really are.  I'm even part of the PAC now.  So embarassing.  I can let my Pride go for church camp, but I won't let my daughters go in front of her peers for School Camp!
  
But what we will do - is Fundraise our Asses Off!!!!  

Panago Gift Certificates anyone???

5 comments:

jewels said...

first - it should be totally secret if you ask for help!
second - you should not feel bad or embarassed, that's life and it's hard out there - you are not the only one!
third - you are an awesome mom!
fourth - yes - i will buy a gift certificate!
fifth - fundraising is great and teaches kids to work for their stuff.

steph said...

I will buy some too! Anything for our girl!

Kristi said...

Awww you guys are awesome!

She is going. We will SELL SELL SELL!!

I will do whatever I Have to send her. This is soooo very important. Mountain is helping too.


sacrifices are what its about when you are a parent. So I just have to draw up another New budget.

Thanks guys!

steph said...

Try and bring some GC to work and I will stop in this week!

Kristi said...

havne't got them yet.

Probably not till next week