Thursday, May 14, 2009

a Loan is that The way?

I am not too keen on this loan thing.
I mean I am, but I'm not all at the same time.
He went for it becuase he needs a new vehicle.  We almost lost his micra this past winter.  If we have another winter like that I'm sure we will lose it.  The posibilty over this last week that we might lose my Sexy Sable......Yikes!  Mine is the good car!  Replacing it would be very costly.
I guess its the payment thing.  He just finished paying off that other huge loan last november.  Now to get another one........
and the vehicle he is looking at I am not totally thinking its the best idea ever.  Its not horrible, but its not great.  Its an older truck.  Something we've found we need over the last couple years here.  A truck.  We are bringing home and so many things.......wood........furniture.........and every time we have to scrounge to get help.  It sucks and we missed out on some free wood becasue of it!  Its an old enough vehicle that he will be able to do the maintenance himself.  Also a plus.  However, i have a hard time justifying paying out that much money for an something so old.......we will need to talk about it some more.  Hopefully its sold.
the other thing with this loan that will happen is - A RING FOR ME!!!!!
i am really excited about that part.  I am thinking though that he's put a little too much money aside out of this loan for it.  I am not that greedy.  He says, which i knew he would, if this ring is a reflection of him - its gonna be quality and its gonna be nice!  He says nothing is too good for his wife!  hehe - his wife  :)
however, i think he could do quality and nice in cash payments and I would help.....
in the end i am not liking this money deal cuz of how it will effect us for buying a house.  Apparently when he did the deal he spoke to his loaning agent about that.  and because he has money in RRSP's thats supposed to make it work out better or work or somehting.  I don't know.  I don't see how that can make it better.
So much for Cash or Bust.  I guess i'm the only one following the rules.
Thats fine.  I will keep following the rules.  What is meant to be will happen


Blog On  

6 comments:

steph said...

Not having a vehicle to get to work in would be a lot more complicated than getting a loan. Debt is a part of life sometimes.

Kristi Lou said...

i agree

however. I'd like it to be a smart loan choice. thats my concern.
debt is not the total end of the world. Just make sure that what you have to show for it is worth it.
I will need to look at this truck to see if its worth it

jewels said...

like my hubby says - you can't take it with you and sometimes debt (like Steph says) is just a part of life. i had to borrow money for my masters or i wouldn't have been able to do it - no regrets. i say GO FOR IT - you only live once so you may as well live with a good vehicle and a kick ass ring!!

Kristi said...

debt is as debt does

just don't make it goofy debt that doesn't have to be.

and HELL YAH! I deserve a Kick - Ass ring!!!

. said...

Totally unrelated, but just in case you are not aware: I have tried commenting on your other blog and am unable to do so. Thought you'd want to know if you didn't already.

Kristi said...

oh shite!

no i didn't know

i will look into it......thanks chick!