Friday, November 20, 2009

Expectations

definition of Child - 12 & under - as 12 approaches the expectations start to bend.....

Clothing= Black t-shirts are a no no. Navy blue is on the cusp.
sayings on t-shirts that promote attitude ie - "little miss bad" or "princess"
gold or silver screen print on T-shirts
SKULL & CROSSBONES - i don't care if its pink or the skull has a smile or they are in the shape of a heart. NO. skulls on shirts, pants, books, bookbags .......... Socks I can deal with cuz they get covered.
if i would wear taht outfit were would I be? If the answer is a GoGo dancer in a cage above a crowd in a bar - you are not leaving the house lookin' like that!
Leggings - leggings don't run like nylons. Lace at the bottom of leggings.
short skirts are a No. Unless leggings are underneath. Tight fitting skirts - NO. I don't care if its denim. if its denim and long, we can talk about it. 3 inches above the knee for a skirt without anything underneath.
tank tops, 3 inches on the shoulders, unless its summer - they are totally negotiable
shoes - heels are just a no, no till the age of 10 and then they are very short and tasteful. and Then they are only worn for special occasions.
Hair MUST be combed/brushed and kept out of the face. If its let to be down it gets brushed more than once a day. Thats if its long hair. Short hair just has to be out of the eyes
tattling is a No
if one parent says somehting don't go to the other parent to see if the answer is different
bikinis No - tankinis ok
the term Oh My G_d - its hard when I hear adults saying it, but when I hear children.......and the ones that do say it, say it constantly it seems
Lying pisses me off. There is truth avoiding and then there is a bold-faced lie. The bold faced stuff really bugs me.
Fake tears. Not a fan.
tears for no reason, also not a fan. If you wanna cry ........ I'll give you something to cry about!


11 comments:

steph said...

of greatness?

Kristi said...

HA!

i am compiling the list like we talked about that i apparently need to have listed for when that little manipulitive liar comes over......

Kristi said...

and greatness of course is in there.....

jewels said...

no black t-shirts??

Kristi said...

nope - no black

I don't even know why they make black t-shirts for kids.....it breeds negativity

Family Of Five said...

I LOVE black t-shirts! I usually only wear black! I SO wish they had more black t-shirts for kids ... it goes with everything, can be dressy or casual and looks sharp! I am constantly cursing that I can't find more black shirts for my kids!

jewels said...

yup - i agree with FoF - black is a fashion must...
now i understand if there was a skull on it or a pot leaf - but plain black?
did you wear black t-shirts when you were a kid? :)

Kristi said...

black shirts on children, in my book is not acceptable.
its a grown-up color. It breeds negativity in children. In my opinion, it makes children hard. or rather, it allows children to be. Creates attitude
Last I checked, wearing a t-shirt was not considered getting dressed up.
and No I didn't own black as a child - as a teenager - Yes I did. but not as a kid :)

Kristi said...

maybe T-shirt needs to be defined better?

thanks for challenging me ladies

jewels said...

you make me giggle...

Kristi said...

why? cuz I don't like black on children? its a harsh color for kids.