Monday, January 04, 2010

Banning Cell phones While Driving

so the ban is on.
the fine .............. $167
if you get caught driving while chatting on yer phone. Okay. Hands free is fine they say. As it keeps both hands on the wheel?
What about all the people that drive around with a coffee cup or a cigarette?
Its the conversation, some say?
then waht about when you are driving with passengers gabbing up a storm - isn't taht the same thing? Or your kids in the back seat - asking for soemthing YET AGAIN! or look at that mommy. or the endless story they HAVE to tell you that seems to only make sense to them and you try to tune in on.
So maybe we shouldn't drive with our kids?
that might be ok - nor passengers -
or how about the music? the radio that can be heard 3 vehicles over while the driver is obviously Really enjoying it. or the person you pass that is singing along? or choosing yet another station ............

Are cell phones really the problem?

7 comments:

Family Of Five said...

I agree!! However, I think the problem has become the texting...

steph said...

Yep the texting and blackberrying! People are so dumb to do that it is so NOT safe!

jewels said...

especially with the younger drivers! i think it is a good law.

Family Of Five said...

I don't like the no cell phone law. I think it should be no texting. I find the wireless stuff distracts me WAY more trying to get the stupid thing to understand me!

Kristi said...

when i had a Real cell phone i would use it while driving.
when I was driving alone it was the only time I had in my day for personal girlfriend calls
but I also have a bluetooth

Family Of Five said...

I have a bluetooth.... HATE it! My kids are too noisy for the thing to understand me... the kids never know if I'm talking to them or not..... hate having the thing in my ear!

Kristi Lou said...

I don't use my blue tooth - but I have one!

use to use it when i commuted on the highway and sometimes when I was catering. Lotsa work calls while driving when you are catering - or moving tables or loading a truck ........ it was a MUST to be able to talk and drive without pulling over