Tuesday, January 19, 2010

sick

this is so strange to me
maybe not to you - and I have to remember, I am not there. I am not with these ladies and the sick kids. Maybe it is really taht bad.
But what is it with these moms taht race their kid into the doctor - the hospital - for every sickness and every fever? I just don't understand. Yes, soemtimes they have a fever for more than a day. Charley would get horribly sick. I never used a thermometer. Her skin would be so hot she would leave heat rashes on my cheek when I would check her temp. Every time she gets a fever, even now, she throws up. I couldn't imagine taking my sick baby girl and sitting in a hospital emerg. or a clinic to fine out she is just sick. Her throwing up and feeling terrible. Trying to comfort her the whole time.
Give her tylenol and a bath, the doctor says, call me in the morning. Whatever happened to that kind of old fashioned parenting?

No comments: