Monday, April 05, 2010

Walls

Well the walls are as done as they are gonna get!

I'm annoyed that when I went and got the second can ....... I wetn for the same brand but - it was environmentally friendly. Where as all the other paint (CIL) has not been. This was still CIL - but it was ecologically friendly.......WELL.........half my hallway is much glossier than the other half. and It didn't spread as nicely.........oh well. At least its all on the same side. So I will put my pics and mirrors back up today. We have decided to get a trellis and I will sand it down, paint it white and put it up on the wall in the hall underneath the hall window. The cats keep jumping there. and Leaving scratch marks. I wondered when I moved in what the horrible marks on the wall were that soemone had tried to paint over with a badly matched shade of paint. They had a cat. Didn't figure that out till we got these new ones. Mr. Ball would Never do such a thing! so anyhow - Trellis is will be ....... hopefully it looks ok?
Tomorrow I will make an another attempt to go to school. Hopefully the instrusctor says its ok that I only go 9 hours a week. Otherwise I will sit here and make the best of it. Paint the rest of my house? My back keeps letting me know that it is weak and injured - so there are things I just avoid. For example --- I have not painted the part of my hall that has my washer and dryer in it. Why? because I will not even attempt to move the machines. Where as in the olden days...............it would have been done in a heartbeat! So my projects are slow going, as I listen to what my body says to me. "sit kristi. don't lift that Kristi. You can't move in that direction kristi. sideways pivot? its time to stretch. Squatting carefully, ONLY ONCE! You can keep going if you stand like this. keep your toes pointed forward and your hips square......ect" Its all very Goofy. Then I wake every morning with a stiff lower back and spine. Alvin is there but just hanging out. I am careful not to anger him. So it feels like my panties are too tight ......... i am walking! I have a limp that comes and goes......and I am so good at it now, that I can do a really fast limp now when i need to! how cool is that?!
Home Depot had a sale on. Doors. Jeldwen moulded doors. Perfect! that is on my list! So off we went the other day and picked up 2! they were 29bux each! have you Any idea how much money we saved? Holy Carp! Mntn got one of them hung yesterday, YaY! woke today to get the other up and its raining. Poop! So now I have more to paint! Wooooo - Not. Well actually painting the doors won't be so bad. I don't have to fill holes and sand ....... the walls have been a pain. Bad taping jobs. Bad puddy. Paint drips to sand out. Holes. Holy Holes everywhere!!! My mouldings ...........they were never painted. Fine. but the nail holes have all been filled with caulking. Or maybe its silicone ......i dunno.....but it sure as heck is not wood filler!!! so I have to get all that out re-fill it and ........ truthfully .......some of it i have just said Fuck it Too!
So painting is not my fav thing. however, it does look nice. So after I finish my laundry hall area - I can get busy in the livingroom. Although I still have not chosen a colour ........... hmmm.
Off I go then. .

enjoy your Easter monday!

1 comment:

steph said...

Home renos are draining. I am in hibernation from them for now... It takes a certain mood to do them properly.