Thursday, June 24, 2010

pooing

before I jump or let my parents jump anymore -- i need to get in touch with the "tentguys" and get their low-down on the whole tent deal. If they can't get the tents down there then I guess that's it. We'll just figure out exactly what we are renting and what people are cleaning up that are hired to do so.
or we will do the ceremony there and then reception in a hall .........
but I gotta do it quick - finding a hall for a wedding next July could prove to be the biggest challenge of them all.
decorations -- i wouldn't have had to really decorate a tent outside - but a hall! thats means real floral arrangements - chair covers - actual decorations to create an ambience that doesn't say "cheap hall"
and then clean up in a hall! its actually more! a hall has its own table and chairs. We would have to put them away. if we get a hall that I can have my own catering company, then the caterers will deal with the linens - if its the halls caterer - we have to deal with the linens. All the decor not has to go in a car and get to someones house. Setting up a sound system twice - once at the garden again at a hall ...... I don't want to get married in a hall. i might as well get married in my living room if I am going to get married in a hall.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

just got an e-mail from my mom saying she took the number down for the Elks Hall.
Its the same sweaty little hall my brother held his reception. it was back to back people as it barely fit his 100 guests.
She also said we can do amazing things with black & blue balloons.
so What - now my Wedding is going to be a birthday party!
i mean balloons are a good cheap way to decorate -- however -- going from a beautiful romantic garden wedding to ........... i mean, if we want to go all out and do it cheap and tacky, then we might as well go all the way!!! Tack it right out. Starting with my Sister wearing a Puffy sleeved Fuschia Taffeta gown

here's another little tidbit I found out yesterday too after mailing with my sister-in-law ........ they did the same thing to them. Thats why they ended up in the sweaty littel hall!
so they have always known they wouldn't do a wedding reception for me there! but let me believe it all this time. In fact, allowing me to dream by offering me a budget to work with! Telling me straight out that its wedding money and if it doens't go towards a wedding I more than likely won't see it!
So dream, dream i did.
now to be ripped out of it and told taht its not even an option to work with? No matter how many plans I make. Even if I hire total outsiders to clean up at 3AM - its still just not an option.
would have been nice if they'd been up front with me from the beginning. or years ago........

I am hurt

steph said...

Yeck! No on that hall! We will figure something else out! Sorry you are sad!

Kristi said...

I'm not sad anymore - I am pissed off

Heritage Valley is renovating - so they are not doing any wedding in 2010 or 2011
Dragonfly doens't do weddings anymore
Sports legacy is a nice hall, really expeensive 600bux but its booked anyway ...........

so now I am down to old school - coghlan, Jublilee i'm on the net looking for places ........ I don't want it in that sweaty little hall!
i don't
i don't
I'll find my own sweaty little hall!!!